• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Merseyrail Class 777 introduction updates

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MDB1images

6X29 showing as activated for Wed Dollands Moor to Crewe(day stop)and onto Kirkdale.

I presume this does day stop in Crewe Down Sidings which I presume is the sidings opposite the carriage she'd(only reason I ask is I've seen photos on previous deliveries of it in the Up/down loop in the station and wondered if it in fact stays at that location).

FrodshamJnct

Established Member
So apparently a loco fault on 66779 caused the delay at Willesden. It’s now been cancelled again (at Bletchley) due to severe wheel flats on a barrier wagon and deemed too dangerous to continue.

Grumpy Git

On Moderation
So apparently a loco fault on 66779 caused the delay at Willesden. It’s now been cancelled again (at Bletchley) due to severe wheel flats on a barrier wagon and deemed too dangerous to continue.

Would the wheel flats have been caused by the problem with the original loco (train brake fault)?

FrodshamJnct

Established Member
Would the wheel flats have been caused by the problem with the original loco (train brake fault)?

I don’t know, I’d need someone with a lot more knowledge than I to answer that one!

New path in for 0110 apparently for a reduced speed move to Crewe. It would appear 66783 is being sent to Bletchley to assist on 0Z29 at the moment.

15/10 update - 66779 and 66783 eventually made it to Crewe with the new units at 0528 this morning.

Last edited:

Camden

Established Member
It's ridiculous that brand new trains aren't properly monitored while left on vulnerable locations. These units have cameras that can see down each side of the train. How much would it cost to have someone sit in the cab watching the monitors while it's being moved. As for the vandals, clearly proper deterrents are needed.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
It's ridiculous that brand new trains aren't properly monitored while left on vulnerable locations. These units have cameras that can see down each side of the train. How much would it cost to have someone sit in the cab watching the monitors while it's being moved. As for the vandals, clearly proper deterrents are needed.

Where was it - Bletchley CS? Units don't get graffitied often there, the site is reasonably secure.