• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Merseyrail Class 777 introduction updates

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

karlbbb

I think everyone is in for a big shock, my friend who works at Kirkdale has shown me a pic of a 777 vinyl wrapped blue and covered in balloons/hearts for Eurovision. Beyond hideous.
It's sat in Kirkdale this morning. Saw it on my journey past - it's certainly, er... noticeable.

paddyb6

Having seen a photo, I actually quite like it, it'll be nice for a bit of variety as we've seen with 507002 and 508111.

prod_pep

Established Member
Would Eurovision want to be associated with something 20 years past it's sell-by date?

Oh wait....
:lol:

It would have been a good opportunity to get rid of 508111's haggard Beatles Story wrap but I suppose the old order is now seen as 'tainted' by the powers that be.

TheSel

'Eurovision' 777013 out on Kirkdale - Hillside training / mileage accumulation today. Photographed this morning - appropriately enough - at Wa-Wa-Wa-Wa-Wa-Wa-Wa-Waterloo! (my pic below)

1682437105885.png

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Is that the ugliest livery to ever adorn a train? Looks particularly bad because they've just left the front bit (is the cabside yellow part of the "no yellow end" risk assessment perhaps?)

Blocks the windows with Contravision too.

It looks like it's been parked in a siding on the outskirts of Paris and the local artistic youths have had a go at it.

Quite.

On Moderation
It looks like it's been parked in a siding on the outskirts of Paris and the local artistic youths have had a go at it.
Oh I don’t know. There’s plenty of horrific liveries around France that have, apparently, been designed.

Skie

So far nearly every photo is from the “spotters angle” which makes it look like a psychedelic zebra due to foreshortening. It looks better in person… a bit. It is very noisy though.

Side on it isn’t too bad, though simply replacing the black bands with blue, replacing Merseyrail yellow with Ukraine yellow and making the doors pink/purple would have been more subtle. But I guess they really wanted the heart branding on something big!

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
So far nearly every photo is from the “spotters angle” which makes it look like a psychedelic zebra due to foreshortening. It looks better in person… a bit. It is very noisy though.

Side on it isn’t too bad, though simply replacing the black bands with blue, replacing Merseyrail yellow with Ukraine yellow and making the doors pink/purple would have been more subtle. But I guess they really wanted the heart branding on something big!

It looks better without the windows obscured (Merseytravel posted a version of it in progress without the Contravision), but the cab end really ruins it, and Contravision should be banned.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Thought it was either New Brighton or West Kirby next?
As discussed just recently, they keep jumping between Chester and New Brighton. Don’t think West Kirby or Ellesmere Port have ever been mooted as first on the Wirral, certainly not the latter. Southport we know will be the very last on Merseyrail to get them.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Is that the ugliest livery to ever adorn a train? Looks particularly bad because they've just left the front bit (is the cabside yellow part of the "no yellow end" risk assessment perhaps?)

Blocks the windows with Contravision too.

Quite.
We've had a few Trivia threads about good and bad liveries... this latest contender is nowhere near as bad as the awful Trans-Pennine "transition" livery applied to the 158s!