• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Metrocar updates and withdrawals - Tyne & Wear Metro

Paul_10

Can confirm 42 as stored. There were two other UID metrocars stored, along with all the long time stored units. Full update to the op list coming tomorrow

Edit:
List in the op now updated, sorry it's taken me so long.

Changes are two additional units known to be stored (37 and 42), changes to storage locations and return to service of previously under attention units.

Amazingly we're actually up three units in the operational fleet compared to the last update, no doubt that won't last long!

Any update on 11, 25, 33, 51, 69, 72, 79 and 88 would be appreciated. :)

Apart from 79, going by what Phil is saying I would say all those are at least stored and not currently operational.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

steve_k_67

Can confirm 42 as stored. There were two other UID metrocars stored, along with all the long time stored units. Full update to the op list coming tomorrow

Edit:
List in the op now updated, sorry it's taken me so long.

Changes are two additional units known to be stored (37 and 42), changes to storage locations and return to service of previously under attention units.

Amazingly we're actually up three units in the operational fleet compared to the last update, no doubt that won't last long!

Hello,
I'm new to this forum so could you please advise how I can access the updated list?

Many thanks
Steve

DanNCL

Established Member
Hello,
I'm new to this forum so could you please advise how I can access the updated list?

Many thanks
Steve
Very first post in this thread on page 1. When I update the list I edit that post so the first post always has the latest version of the list.

Tramfan

33 is back in service after at least 6 months out of service, 79 is also operational but don't believe any of the others listed there are

There's another new Metro delivery in the early hours of Friday morning, reported to be 555001 & 020. A 19.20 from Dollands Moor operated last night, which formed the 01.14 from Wembley Reception to York Holgate Sidings this morning, arriving at 08.14. It is due to depart for Pelaw at 21.50 tomorrow night. There were similar paths last Thursday & Friday but they were cancelled.

Maninblack

I heard that new Stadler Metro trains, fleet numbers 555001 and 555020 arrived in the early hours of today 19/04/2024 acording to the Newcastle Chronicle.
They should be in use within the next ten years!!!!
While the old fleet get completely worn out!!!!!

Trestrol

Yes if you read the reply on the Tyne and Wear Metro Facebook page you'd read that they expect the first units in service by the end of the year. Daylight testing is imminent.