• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Metrolink Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Apoc

Decided to put an application in in the end. Coming from a video games & IT background so let’s see how this goes...fingers crossed!

Kella

Hi, just have received an email for the assessment day after passing the miniscaat test. I am pretty sure that I will do the scaat as been practicing it but know nothing about TRFS and TRP2. Can someone please advise on what do we get in TRFS and TRP2 and how to prepare for them? Also what do they ask in the interview?

Many thanks

Tbone20

Hi, just have received an email for the assessment day after passing the miniscaat test. I am pretty sure that I will do the scaat as been practicing it but know nothing about TRFS and TRP2. Can someone please advise on what do we get in TRFS and TRP2 and how to prepare for them? Also what do they ask in the interview?

Many thanks
hi kellan when did you apply

Apoc

Many thanks

I’m at this stage too!

@Tbone20 I applied on 27th October.

LimaLlama

I have also gotten an email for a mini scaatt test via the OPC. May sound daft but does anyone know if these tests are linked with any train driving assessments taken? Or is this a completely separate thing via the OPC? No 2 lives rule etc Last time I sat with Metrolink it was all in house.

Thanks.

Kella

Hi apoc I have just received an email with the mini scaat can I ask what this consists of I dont want to log in yet until I know what I'm up against thanks
Theopc.co.uk has a miniscaat test sample. You'll get very similar in the test

Apoc

Well that was full on! Either everyone in the group got through or they hadn’t marked the tests at each stage?

I got home and realised I hadn’t done the climb in a tram test so don’t know if that means I haven’t gone through. Just waiting for the official word!

Tbone20

Well that was full on! Either everyone in the group got through or they hadn’t marked the tests at each stage?

I got home and realised I hadn’t done the climb in a tram test so don’t know if that means I haven’t gone through. Just waiting for the official word!
Hi apoc I'm just waiting on a date for assessment now.what time did you start and finish. Also what did the day consist of .lastly how many was on the course cheers

Apoc

Hi apoc I'm just waiting on a date for assessment now.what time did you start and finish. Also what did the day consist of .lastly how many was on the course cheers
Started at 09:00, finished by 13:30 but I don’t know if the rest of the group were behind any longer. Test wise, started with SCAAT, then Cables & Dials, then I forget the name, but an ability to learn rules and regs test (have to memorise 4 paragraphs and then answer questions based on them). Then the group was split to interviews and physical test (climb into tram from ballast). There were 8 of us.

Tbone20

Started at 09:00, finished by 13:30 but I don’t know if the rest of the group were behind any longer. Test wise, started with SCAAT, then Cables & Dials, then I forget the name, but an ability to learn rules and regs test (have to memorise 4 paragraphs and then answer questions based on them). Then the group was split to interviews and physical test (climb into tram from ballast). There were 8 of us.
Did they send any practice material out beforehand. Cheers

fatwapp

Hi
I'm new here so I do apologise if I'm retreading old ground. I know a couple of years ago in this thread somebody gave an example of their shift which consisted of a five days a week shift, I was wondering if this still applies .
I currently do a 4in 4off shift and the moneys half decent but I'm thinking long-term and hopefully get into the top wage bracket (I know I'm getting way ahead of myself!!) for various reasons I would need three days a week off if possible most weeks but not all , which days doesn't matter but it'd be ideal if the shifts consisted of 3 days off .
Cheers for any feedback .

Beeks

Hi
I'm new here so I do apologise if I'm retreading old ground. I know a couple of years ago in this thread somebody gave an example of their shift which consisted of a five days a week shift, I was wondering if this still applies .
I currently do a 4in 4off shift and the moneys half decent but I'm thinking long-term and hopefully get into the top wage bracket (I know I'm getting way ahead of myself!!) for various reasons I would need three days a week off if possible most weeks but not all , which days doesn't matter but it'd be ideal if the shifts consisted of 3 days off .
Cheers for any feedback .

Hi fella, it’s a 37.5 hour week..you get at least 2 days off a week..the days are staggered..one week you may have Mon/Tues..the next Tues/Weds etc etc..Usually you get 4 weekends off in 12 weeks..sometimes you get 3 or 4 rest days in a week..it depends on which rota you are on..

Fozz94

I can see this job has gone back online. Does anyone know how long it takes to move through the Grades? The current job I'm in my salary is a lot more - I'm happy to take a pay cut however Im equally not sure I can pay the bills initially earning only 20k a year

Status
Not open for further replies.