• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Metrolink PSR job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
There's two courses I hear, one on the 10th another on the 28th.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

vaughnios2012

Nice One :)

Are you excited about starting? Is it the contracts and job effer etc that comes in the post?

I am excited too! Just want to get my start date now

and 185 you say about the 28th of December??

Would be interesting!

Woolsty

Yes I'm looking forward to starting.
In the post was the contract together with uniform requisition form and a contact / plus references form.
All sent back duly signed.
So roll on 0830 10/12.
First day at Queens Rd.

Nice One :)

Are you excited about starting? Is it the contracts and job effer etc that comes in the post?

I am excited too! Just want to get my start date now

and 185 you say about the 28th of December??

Would be interesting!

vaughnios2012

Hi Guys,

Well Im glad to say, I am starting in December too! But requested the 31st to start so I can finish off everything in my current role! I am very very excited about starting! and looking forward to working with a nice new team of people across the Network!

Chris

Established Member
I may have been given duff info about the 28th, so it could well be the 31st.

If it is the 28th (Friday), I'm not sure if they may have a problem with that. The first week induction course is very important in terms of training, it's quite a hectic schedule, and I doubt they'd agree to it; I may be wrong.

Well done mate ;)

vaughnios2012

Thanks 185 :)

I am very excited!

Are you a driver?

Will be fantastic to work with a great team of lovely people

beavercreek

Congratulations and welcome to Metrolink.
Some very exciting times ahead with all the extensions and everyday is different.

vaughnios2012

Fantastic. Do you enjoy it?

I heard quite a few ex bus drivers transferred to Metro.
Certainly will be fantastic when all the new lines come into full operation.

beavercreek

I really enjoy the job.We have some demanding shifts but this makes the job more interesting.
We have quite a variety of new lines opening soon so there will be more training and more signals to keep us on our toes.

vaughnios2012

Exactly! Full credit though, must be proving quite a challenge with get TMS to work with the old BR Signalling etc. Its ashame the T68's are all going, but they have served us well.

Woolsty

Hi Guys,

Well Im glad to say, I am starting in December too! But requested the 31st to start so I can finish off everything in my current role! I am very very excited about starting! and looking forward to working with a nice new team of people across the Network!

Chris

Good luck for Monday , its a really good induction course, intense at times but nothing too really worry about. We have radio course Monday then out on shift with coaches from the 2cnd. Really friendly , helpful staff and thats not just in training but overall. Metrolink seems to be a good company to work for.
The ones in yellow shirts complaining are drivers...the happy smilers in white shirts are PSRs.

beavercreek

Good luck for Monday , its a really good induction course, intense at times but nothing too really worry about. We have radio course Monday then out on shift with coaches from the 2cnd. Really friendly , helpful staff and thats not just in training but overall. Metrolink seems to be a good company to work for.
The ones in yellow shirts complaining are drivers...the happy smilers in white shirts are PSRs.

Cheeky!!!
Just don't stand in the doors!

Status
Not open for further replies.