• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Microsoft Movie Maker???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mbonwick

Established Member
No, movie maker will only run on XP and above (though I think it's been dropped from Vista and DVD maker put in its place??)

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I had nothing but problems with Movie Maker, it always turned my video clips poor quality and jumpy. I'd invest in something a little bit more upmarket to be honest, the results in my experience are really worth it.

devon_metro

Established Member
I've never had a problem with WMM. Sounds like a dodgy graphics card to me. My old one was useless with it, after an upgrade it works a treat.

Jonno2055

I had the same problems with WMM and at one point it would only let me save video capture footage and finished movies at the highest quality format .avi but due to numerous problems with my PC I reset to factory settings and it worked again although WMM is basic a bit like I-Movie for the Mac and so I got cyberlink power director/producer and then Ulead Video Studio 8 with is demanding on graphics though so Cyberlink was my best choice.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I use Cyberlink now too. Its nothing to do with my graphics card I don't think, as Cyberlink works fine.

Jonno2055

My copy came free with my video camera so I'm not sure how much it costs but googling Cyberlink should bring up the website and probably a demo as well.

CraigS

Established Member
Just had a flick around the Internet and found the Cyberlink website. Can't find anything for what Windows it works on. Does anyone know whether I can get Cyberlink for Windows 2000.

There is a try before you buy copy as well.

CraigS

Established Member
Try a XP version see if that will work

Looks like most of the Cyberlink video editing stuff works on Windows 2000 as well as Vista and XP.

I use Cyberlink now too. Its nothing to do with my graphics card I don't think, as Cyberlink works fine.

Max, what Cyberlink product is yours because when looking on thier website there is a whole list of video editing packages.

mbonwick

Established Member
Well, I've got Cyberlink PowerProducer (came free with LG super multi DVD Drive) but I much prefer NeroVision (came free with DVD ROM drive)

mbonwick

Established Member
Nath, you are quite right, I've just looked at Microsoft's site. I stand corrected.

However, DVD maker is, as I thought included with Vista, but only ith the Home Premium and Ultimate versions.

petethetim

WMM is superb When you consider it comes as Part of the Package & not an expensive I have Adobe Premiere & now since being shown WMM by a 14 year old use nothing else.

class 313

Established Member
WMM was working fine, but recently it just exits when adding over a certain amount of frames. So I've been using Adobe Premier to finish the videos off. Used Cyberlink, great for editing but bad for saving as you cant get it to save around mb you want it too. Same issue with Adobe Premier but I just save the project as a .AVI and convert into a .WMV in WMM then upload to Youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.