• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Microsoft Train Simulator download

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jp4712

It was sold as a DVD-ROM, and you’ll see these from time to time on eBay. However, there were some pretty fundamental patches that are hard to find and even after that, the game is 20 years old so WAAAY off the mark compared to more recent iterations. Since the site uktrainsim.com closed, it has been very hard to get non-US freeware and patches.

It was sold as a DVD-ROM, and you’ll see these from time to time on eBay. However, there were some pretty fundamental patches that are hard to find and even after that, the game is 20 years old so WAAAY off the mark compared to more recent iterations. Since the site uktrainsim.com closed, it has been very hard to get non-US freeware and patches.
Is it possible to get MSTS stuff anymore??

jp4712

Not impossible, but increasingly difficult. There are now only two English language forums that talk much about MSTS, and these are heavily US-centric. These are trainsim.com and Elvas Tower (can’t remember the URL). The rest of the world has pretty moved on to newer/better sims. Sorry if that’s not what you want to hear.

InkyScrolls

I still own and play MSTS from time to time - it will run on Windows 10, surprisingly! Fortunately I've owned the game since 2001 and have various UK add-ons. It's not, to my knowledge, available to download anywhere, but as jp4712 says the base game does pop up on eBay relatively often.

I still own and play MSTS from time to time - it will run on Windows 10, surprisingly! Fortunately I've owned the game since 2001 and have various UK add-ons. It's not, to my knowledge, available to download anywhere, but as jp4712 says the base game does pop up on eBay relatively often.
Does it work on ASUS?