• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Milton Keynes - Virgin and/or London Midland

Status
Not open for further replies.

PermitToTravel

Established Member
It doesn't make any sense either. Why do they give discounts for the £30 railcard which anyone can buy but not for holders of several thousand pound annual season tickets?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DarloRich

Veteran Member
It's so close to being a National Railcard it might as well in my view become one. You only need to add Northern, ATW, ScotRail, bits of XC and the Virgin TOCs. Then just say if you have an annual season ticket you get a free National Railcard. Simple.

agreed!

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
The Gold Card area was extended at the start of this year and now includes Birmingham. Virgin would not want their passengers to get 34% discounts when travelling from London to Birmingham.

In my view a better workaround would have been to say that the GC discount is not available north of Milton Keynes on Virgin, at least keeping consistency with the Network Railcard.

Quite why VTEC (actually the deed was done when EC were in charge) pulled out is beyond me. It only affects London-Stevenage journeys anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.