• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Miscalculated Delay Repay on CrossCountry

tram21

Hello everyone,

I travelled from Tamworth to Beeston on 3rd April, and my train was cancelled (removed from Easter timetable). CrossCountry advised I can only use their services with my ticket, so I delayed my journey to the train after arriving exactly a hour later. It was +7 minutes late, so I arrived 1hr 7 minutes later than my planned itinerary.

I submitted delay repay for 3 passengers, and received one of these back (as a Rail travel voucher as requested) but I have only received £5 back (saying its a 30 minute delay) instead of £10 (a 60 minute delay and 100% single journey)

I presume this was calculated as I could theoretically have got a CrossCountry to Derby then EMR to Beeston, but obviously my advance ticket wasn't valid on that , as advised by CrossCountry

Just to check this has been miscalculated and I should appeal this?

To confirm, itinerary was:

14.07 Tamworth to Beeston 1456
Actual: 15.19 (+11) Tamworth to Beeston 16.06 (+7)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I would appeal this, pointing out that your ticket wasn't valid on EMR.