• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mmi

Status
Not open for further replies.

stefanf1

Hi guys, I see you applied for the Gillingham vacancy with GTR.. Can you tell me when you went in for the assessment day was the MMI interview on that day also as its not quite clear on the pack they have sent through.

Thank you

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GMT

Can you tell me when you went in for the assessment day was the MMI interview on that day also as its not quite clear on the pack they have sent through.

No, you don't have the interview on the same day as the assessment; you wouldn't have time. If you go through all the stages of the assessment day, at the end of it you will be exhausted.

However, you will write the answers to the questions of the MMI interview. On that day you'll be doing just that about the MMI. And in any case, after the assessment GTR gets you to do the DMI. Then the MMI. The last stage is the medical.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Is it GTR's intent to base 700s at Gillingham?

I don't know about the 700s, but I heard that there may be plans to build a new depot in the Gillingham area. Who knows when though.

stefanf1

No, you don't have the interview on the same day as the assessment; you wouldn't have time. If you go through all the stages of the assessment day, at the end of it you will be exhausted.

However, you will write the answers to the questions of the MMI interview. On that day you'll be doing just that about the MMI. And in any case, after the assessment GTR gets you to do the DMI. Then the MMI. The last stage is the medical.

- Thank you for your reply. DMI is on the assessment day then also?

- Thank you for your reply. DMI is on the assessment day then also?

No, its on a separate day.

Make sure you practice what they sent you in the post, I was amazed when a someone on the assessment day with me, said that they had a look at it the night before, and on the train journey on the way up ... needless to say that they didnt progress.

Also give yourself plenty of time to arrive early, so you can have a coffee and relax . Again, one person was late so was not allowed to participate . What a waste of an opportunity.

If you are driving up, then be warned, parking nearby is very limited , there is no parking onsite , and the car parks are a 15-20 minute walk. I actually drove up the weekend before, so that I knew exactly where I was going. I was not going to risk jeopardising my opportunity by being late, or stressed .Obviously you can go by train, but mine was on a day where the trains where disrupted.

Try and be calm before you go,Everything will be explained to you clearly and calmly, If you are unsure about something, then ask... I did .
I was very surprised that I was the only candidate to progress after the lunch break, so the afternoon was just me and the assessor , I made certain that I understood everything before progressing .

Good luck.

stefanf1

No, its on a separate day.

Make sure you practice what they sent you in the post, I was amazed when a someone on the assessment day with me, said that they had a look at it the night before, and on the train journey on the way up ... needless to say that they didnt progress.

Also give yourself plenty of time to arrive early, so you can have a coffee and relax . Again, one person was late so was not allowed to participate . What a waste of an opportunity.

If you are driving up, then be warned, parking nearby is very limited , there is no parking onsite , and the car parks are a 15-20 minute walk. I actually drove up the weekend before, so that I knew exactly where I was going. I was not going to risk jeopardising my opportunity by being late, or stressed .Obviously you can go by train, but mine was on a day where the trains where disrupted.

Try and be calm before you go,Everything will be explained to you clearly and calmly, If you are unsure about something, then ask... I did .
I was very surprised that I was the only candidate to progress after the lunch break, so the afternoon was just me and the assessor , I made certain that I understood everything before progressing .

Good luck.

Again, thank you for your reply. Ive had a good read up on all of the practice material and will continue to do so :)

Yea I had a look on Google maps for parking, didn't seem like a good idea to drive up - tempted to book in the easy hotel the night before though as its very close by the looks of it.

Excited but nervous. Thanks for your help!

BaGz1885

Again, thank you for your reply. Ive had a good read up on all of the practice material and will continue to do so :)

Yea I had a look on Google maps for parking, didn't seem like a good idea to drive up - tempted to book in the easy hotel the night before though as its very close by the looks of it.

Excited but nervous. Thanks for your help!

VWCampervanman gives great advice here mate. Study as much as you can. There are tools online that provide online testing too. They are not exactly the same but they give you good practice of the kind of tests you'll sit. They certainly helped me. I parked down a road called Cheyne Walk, there's no parking restrictions but It's about a 15 min walk to go-ahead house. I found this quite a nice walk to get rid of the nerves and take in some fresh air. Best of luck with your application

Status
Not open for further replies.