• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MML closed - lineside fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

A0wen

On Moderation
Currently MML closed due to a lineside fire north of Wellingborough.

Looks like EMT running London to Wellingboro and Kettering to Leicester and beyond.

Lots of ticket acceptance in place.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Steve Harris

Currently MML closed due to a lineside fire north of Wellingborough.

Looks like EMT running London to Wellingboro and Kettering to Leicester and beyond.

Lots of ticket acceptance in place.
According to TV news it is a rather large fire in a recycling centre. According to them the smoke can be seen in Kettering!!

I'm of the opinion the MML maybe blocked for most if not all of the evening. Only time will tell.

alxndr

Established Member
Not another recycling centre on fire they do seem somewhat prone to it :rolleyes:

If it is several hundred tonnes of plastic on fire that could take 24 hours or more to sort. I think this will take days to get things back to normal

Quite, the one we had here a few years ago took fifty-odd days to fully extinguish, although it was controlled in a much shorter time.

Ianigsy

I'm on the LNER 2003 KX -Leeds, which is full with people standing and anxious about connections at Peterborough. First is also full and it's taken a huge chunk out of the food service!

A0wen

On Moderation
Line closed until tomorrow morning according to BBC Look East.

Ianigsy

Seemed to be plenty of folk getting off at Doncaster for Sheffield too. I don't know whether the connections out of the 2003 are particularly bad, but it seemed to miss an EMT for Nottingham at Peterborough (which it would have caught by Grantham) and a TPE for Sheffield at Doncaster.

Spartacus

Established Member
The screen at Nottingham said it was a vehicle on fire close to the railway.

Started with paper on a lorry and quickly spread. Residual effects today mostly due to displaced sets and probably crew hours too.

LewFinnis

I was on the 1434 from St Pancras. We stopped at Wellingborough and there we stayed until coaches eventually turned up nearly 3hours later. Coach to Kettering then another half hour wait until a train came down from the north to form the 2006 to Nottingham. In the end 5 hours late getting to my family at Hucknall. EMT staff did their best to keep us informed but they had no control over the situation. The micropub on Wellingborough station must have had its best day ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.