• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mobile Ops Manager interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markos72

Hey everyone,new here but not new to the railway industry(22 years)
I have an interview for a MoM's position in my local area(currently in S&t) as I am looking for a possible change of career.
I have the job description to hand,but am looking for more general info on what to expect at interview,question I may expect,so I can at least prep myself.
Any help obliged peeps,
cheers
Mark.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DI

It's hard to predict all the questions but they will always ask the obvious ones.

I suspect the interview will go something like this....

Tell us about your career so far.
Why do you want this job?
What have you got to offer us?
What do you know about the duties of a MOM?
Give an example of when you've had to work under pressure and make important decisions.
What are your weaknesses?
Tell us what you know about health and safety legislation?
Which agencies be involved in post incident investigations?
What would their roles be?
Give examples of when you've worked as part of a team and alone.
How would you deal with a major incident where people have died etc?

The list goes on but if you have answers ready for those then you won't be a million miles away.

Markos72

Ta muchly,been getting a bit of coaching from a couple of the MoMs I know.
I can but try ;)
Really just looking for some time off the tools,fed up with crap points maintenance in crap weather all the time,and management constantly giving us a hard time,tarring us all with the same brush.

Slinky

One of our moms is not signalling grade qualified but the rest are. You will be advantaged as your have PTS and know how to operate points and barriers etc. just keep on about the rapid response and the need to minimise delays.

Markos72

cheers peeps,all comments welcome!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Big day tomorrow.Hopefully will find out before going on annual leave next week ;)

Toots

I would have thought you would be well qualified with a practical S&T background -

More than well qualified I would have said,the fact is,as more and more signal boxes close,the man management side will diminish and the practical,quick response side will become more prevalent.In fact I can see a time in the not so distant future when MOM's will be attached to the engineering side rather than Ops....

Status
Not open for further replies.