• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mornington Crescent

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
As it's the last Friday of May and we're using Purdah rules, I thought that by combining a Corbett twist with a half McVitie and changing at Leicester Square I could have made it, but alas it has taken us to Camden Town instead.

Ashley Hill

Established Member
As it's the last Friday of May and we're using Purdah rules, I thought that by combining a Corbett twist with a half McVitie and changing at Leicester Square I could have made it, but alas it has taken us to Camden Town instead.
That’s Madness! Now I can use the ampersand challenge and move to Totteridge & Whetstone .

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
 Holborn.
Objection! I've already played Holborn twice this game and therefore have first recourse to future instances of Holborn. I believe that leaves you in Nidd and you miss the next turn. Meanwhile it allows me to make an unusual but highly effective move and access Pimlico.

DerekC

Established Member
In making all this unnecessary fuss about Holborn, you have forgotten that rule 17.3 (iii) subclause 5 of Bucket's Standard Rules, adopted (as all should know) by The Committee doesn't allow Forum Staff to post any station constructed after 1927. So I suggest a day's self-imposed penance in Nidd is the least you could do. I will move us gracefully on to:

Bal-ham (gateway to the South)

Ostrich

Without wishing to make a mountain out of a mole-hill, therefore, I suggest we must proceed to Alperton ....

Loppylugs

Ooh, Alperton on a Friday night is a bit dodgy. Now that the traffic's eased somewhat, my good friend Lucy Lastic and I are off on a romantic stroll across Putney Bridge.

sftfan1909

According to the latest rulebook we need to go to Gloucester Road or risk contravening the 1,934th amendment...

RDP

One can get confused as to which Ashford is which but there is common ground at Waterloo.

Trackman

Established Member
You could have been huffed there at Sloane Square, but I don't want to fall foul of the Derbyshire huff rule (newbies google it, it's real). So my next move is Caledonian Road.

Stathern Jc

Could it be time for the Cup Final day variation (avoiding Wembley until Extra Time)?
I'm heading back to Oval

Ashley Hill

Established Member
Keeping with the cricket theme I was going to say Lords,but according to the rule of Sod I’ll have to go St John’s Wood instead.

DerekC

Established Member
I checked the rules, and an obscure note made in 1953 by he well known expert Jurgen Huffensocks allows a time warp to be played once in every game, so I am going to declare that for this my post, it's 1938 and I can move to the much better located station which was indeed named:

Lords (1868 - 1939)

godfreycomplex

Established Member
Ah, 1938, that gives a very pleasing double quack on the Lewisworth-Duck rule that’s in place hereabouts. Given that a double quack requires carrying the three, we have to of course go to somewhere with step free access to carry it, so I’ll play Ickenham

Spamcan81

I'm not sure why but having studied the Harrison Variations (1927 edition) I feel the need to alight at Finchley Road & Frognal.

DerekC

Established Member
I am afraid you have used the Revised Version of the Rules, which is known to be sloppy in the central area. If you go back to the original Aramaic, you will find that the French Connection is a mistranslation. The guidance is not entirely clear, but if you follow the Ley Line it takes you to:

Seven Sisters

Purple Train

Established Member
 Highgate. (1976 Pears Amendment to Debnath Law of 1959 expressly shows that a hexadecimal corkscrew move should follow a move involving the Ley Line - that is, when the time is eight past the hour.)