• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Most unpunctual train in Scotland?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnR

Here is the story of the 16.11 from Glasgow QS to Arbroath - on time just 5.5% of the time.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/lo...sgow-to-arbroath-makes-slow-progress-1.907073

New data shows that between August and September just 5.2% of trains on one scheduled service from the city to the Angus town hit a rail performance benchmark.
The figure made the 16.11 Glasgow Queen Street to Arbroath Monday to Saturday service the worst in Scotland between August 23 and September 19, while Carnoustie was also well down the league at under 30%.
Rail chiefs say the spell is well below the usual Arbroath average, but have admitted there are timetabling issues and they hope those will be resolved by the end of the year.
The disappointing Arbroath figure emerged as part of the regular publication of On Time data, released by the ScotRail Alliance to show how many trains arrive within 59 seconds of schedule...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Planner

Veteran Member
Think ORR gave us a bit of a slap for "issues" in Scotland on the back of London Bridge.

bolli

And within PPM how often?

The article states:

just 5.2% of trains on one scheduled service from the city to the Angus town hit a rail performance benchmark.

Implying that its PPM.

A quick look at the service (1L85) on RTT notes that theres only 3 minutes in total pathing time for the whole journey, and that the issue seems to be a specific train rather than an indication for the service. Perhaps its an indication that somebody somewhere has "fudged" it to make it fit around the preceding/following trains.

The Planner

Veteran Member
A quick look at the service (1L85) on RTT notes that theres only 3 minutes in total pathing time for the whole journey, and that the issue seems to be a specific train rather than an indication for the service. Perhaps its an indication that somebody somewhere has "fudged" it to make it fit around the preceding/following trains.

Only 3 minutes? Not sure that is an issue, it should have none in a perfect world. Can't actually see after a quick look what the 1½ is for approaching Dunblane especially when it doesn't appear to use it. I suspect the AB is causing a problem with 1L85 arriving at Broughty Ferry as 1A79 is leaving Carnoustie.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
The article states:

Implying that its PPM.

The article says:

The disappointing Arbroath figure emerged as part of the regular publication of On Time data, released by the ScotRail Alliance to show how many trains arrive within 59 seconds of schedule.

and

On Time is above and beyond the industry standard Public Performance Measure (PPM), which measures trains arriving within five minutes of schedule.

My bold - suggests a separate measure for Scotrail

me123

Established Member
I've said this before and I'll say it again. If you can drive from Glasgow to Arbroath and predict your arrival time to within sixty seconds, I'd be impressed. You'd get caught up on the M8, M80 at Cumbernauld, A9 between Dunblane and Perth, traveling through Dundee...

To arrive within 5 minutes on 80% of occasions would be impressive for a road user. Of course, Scotrail would do well to improve things, but I challenge a car driver to beat them on these tight targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.