• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Cross Rail Successful Driver applicants Sharing info

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJSADI

Hello can anyone on this thread please clarify if the MTR Crossrail trainee train driver position means you become a train driver earning £59k after completion of training, or does it mean that you are guaranteed mainline progression and will ultimately be on that wage, but the date in which that will happen is undetermined right now and you will work in a depot performing shunting duties untill then.

Thank you

Upon completion of training, circa 2 years, you will become a train driver on the Elisabeth Line, earning the £59k, with an increase to about £42/43 after the first year.
This is not for a shunted role.

Regards

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mo ali

You will start as a trainee earning £29k year one
£44k year two as a probationary driver
£59k once qualified year 3

But your looking at atleast 3 years before you jump on full salary which by then the pay is most likely to be in the £65k bracket

Mo ali

Hello people anyone who's done the medical do you know what's next we need to do?

PJSADI

Hello people anyone who's done the medical do you know what's next we need to do?

You’ll receive an email shortly requesting you arrange a time to visit Head Office, where they’ll take copies of your paperwork (passport, Driving licence, etc) as well as have a fitting for your uniform.

They’ll then explain the next part of the process. Got confirmation that I’d passed the security DBS check, and references late this afternoon, which is lucky considering I start Monday!

Mo ali

You’ll receive an email shortly requesting you arrange a time to visit Head Office, where they’ll take copies of your paperwork (passport, Driving licence, etc) as well as have a fitting for your uniform.

They’ll then explain the next part of the process. Got confirmation that I’d passed the security DBS check, and references late this afternoon, which is lucky considering I start Monday!

Ok thanks for the info appreciated that

holymoly

Do you need a driving license for this role?
Thanks in advance

Not sure if it's a strict requirement, but they specifically ask you to bring a copy of your driving licence in with your other docs before you start. Might be best to get in touch with them beforehand if you're concerned

Not sure if it's a strict requirement, but they specifically ask you to bring a copy of your driving licence in with your other docs before you start. Might be best to get in touch with them beforehand if you're concerned
Thankfully they have put me at ease and said it’s not a problem

gazafisky

hi all, just been told i start in feb. Anyone know what the 9 week shift pattern is like post training?

Mo ali

hi all, just been told i start in feb. Anyone know what the 9 week shift pattern is like post training?

4 on 3 off
2 weeks of every 9 weeks
2 days AL built it to roster cycle of 20 days + 10 ad-hoc if xmas day falls on a working day then they will use 1 of your holiday days to cover it

Mo ali

Just had my document check today got my uniform sizing in 2 weeks this is getting me nervous now need to lose some wieght

OneLowban

Got a DMI but no date yet, can anyone send me a PM regarding what the DMI at MTR is like please? Thank you.

When I went in with my documents, I had received an email within 2 days about references and background checks
Excellent, thanks for replying. Handed my documents in today so hopefully not much longer until I can start looking forward to starting

Crazyb

4 on 3 off
2 weeks of every 9 weeks
2 days AL built it to roster cycle of 20 days + 10 ad-hoc if xmas day falls on a working day then they will use 1 of your holiday days to cover it

The Roster is a 4 day week spread over the year...Some weeks can be 5 days work and some weeks can be 4 days....Not 4 on and 3 off.

It's 4 A/L days built into the roster, not 2 days. So your A/L is built up from....

Week 9 is a week of RD's.....

Week 10 is is 3 RD's and 4 A/L days, you get 5 of these a year.

They normally build the rosters, so you normally have a min of 2 R/D's together.

Mo ali

Excellent thanks mate, do you remember what sort of stuff they wanted to know?

Further to your offer of employment, you will now need to undergo your pre-employment checks.

We will require you to visit the office with the following documents:

· A hard copy of your passport;

· Valid driving licence

· An original proof of your address (utility bills/bank statements – please note that mobile phone bills and driving licences will not be accepted, and utility bills must be dated within the past 3 months, or 12 months for a council tax bill);

· The completed attached forms - New Employee Form, Pension Forms, Security Watchdog Declaration of Consent, Oyster card form (please bring a passport size photo for this), Nominee Oyster application form with a proof of address for your nominee, Uniform order form and Secondary Employment (if applicable);

· Your P45 from your previous employer. (If you do not have it then please bring it in ASAP after your joining date. If we do not receive it in time for your first payroll with us then we will allocate you the tax code 0T/Week 1 which may mean that you pay more tax than you should. So it is important to bring it in as soon as you have it, even if it is after your first payroll).

Further to your offer of employment, you will now need to undergo your pre-employment checks.

We will require you to visit the office with the following documents:

· A hard copy of your passport;

· Valid driving licence

· An original proof of your address (utility bills/bank statements – please note that mobile phone bills and driving licences will not be accepted, and utility bills must be dated within the past 3 months, or 12 months for a council tax bill);

· The completed attached forms - New Employee Form, Pension Forms, Security Watchdog Declaration of Consent, Oyster card form (please bring a passport size photo for this), Nominee Oyster application form with a proof of address for your nominee, Uniform order form and Secondary Employment (if applicable);

· Your P45 from your previous employer. (If you do not have it then please bring it in ASAP after your joining date. If we do not receive it in time for your first payroll with us then we will allocate you the tax code 0T/Week 1 which may mean that you pay more tax than you should. So it is important to bring it in as soon as you have it, even if it is after your first payroll).
Sorry I meant the company who get in touch with you on behalf of Crossrail to do your work history etc, have you done this yet? If so what does that involve. Thanks and sorry for the questions

Mo ali

Sorry I meant the company who get in touch with you on behalf of Crossrail to do your work history etc, have you done this yet? If so what does that involve. Thanks and sorry for the questions

oh not yet should b this week i hope the ref form

Mo ali

just done my pre employment online form it will take a good hour to fill everything in just have a copy of passport, bank statement and proof of NI (P60) saved on the desktop ready to upload also have 2 professional ref and employment history for last 3 years ready including any gaps to fiil in

Status
Not open for further replies.