• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail - Now recruiting for Trainee & Qualified Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jk576

Yes! Got through stage 3! So excited! Now the real work begins! Going in July 10! Any help regarding the assesments would be very appreciated!

mresh91

Thanks for answering my last question guys, you've all been very helpful. As for help regarding the assessment, the example PDFs they send via e-mail and practicing the dots GBT consistently should provide you with adequate preparation for the assessment in my opinion.

Good luck!

Ceeparker

Hello when have you got the computer test, I completed my first assessment on the 14th and they invited me back on the 27th of this month.

Ruby86

Does anyone know if the MMI is on the first assessment along with all the reaction tests you have to do? Or is it on the second assessment?
It's just that when I was sent the practice matierials for the first assessment it also had some info about the MMI so I'm a little confused and not sure if I should put some more practice into it or just focus on the psychometric tests for now.

D1939

Mines on the 9th July, these are the tests :
· The Trainability for Rules and Procedures Test Part 1 and 2
· The Group Bourdon Concentration Test
· The Driver Fault Finding Test (DFFT)
· The Test of Everyday Attention for Occupational Assessment (TEA-Occ)
So I guess if I'm successful, there will be another assessment day for the computer tests and then a separate day for the Mmi and Dm interviews.

mozi

Hi guys, I had my assessment day 1 on the 14th may 2015, luckily I had sat them before with another TOC. Now I'm waiting for an email for the next assessment, did anyone else also attend on the 14th?

Ruby86

Mines on the 9th July, these are the tests :
· The Trainability for Rules and Procedures Test Part 1 and 2
· The Group Bourdon Concentration Test
· The Driver Fault Finding Test (DFFT)
· The Test of Everyday Attention for Occupational Assessment (TEA-Occ)
So I guess if I'm successful, there will be another assessment day for the computer tests and then a separate day for the Mmi and Dm interviews.

Thanks. I've heard you have to do some tests in the morning then if you pass that you get on to the computer based test in the afternoon? But yeh glad to hear the MMI would be on another day lol

Jk576

hey guys just have a question: i have a SCAAT test with TFL tomorrow for a different job, this is not going to have any impact with this job tests?? I thought I'l just ask for your opinions

BozCat

Hi all,
does anyone know what the working pattern is if successful?
Thanks.

Ceeparker

Mozi I attending on the 14th out of about 24-26 of us 2 got through to the next stage which is on the 27th of this month next week Wednesday

Hi guys, I had my assessment day 1 on the 14th may 2015, luckily I had sat them before with another TOC. Now I'm waiting for an email for the next assessment, did anyone else also attend on the 14th?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Crossrail have introduced a test that is not on any other company application process so it's strange that you never took the test on the 14th

del12

Ceeparker

Wow that a low turnaround if only 2 got through, I have mine on the 16 of June. Don't fill me with confidence. How were the assements? Which did you find more difficult? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Marc1

What was involved , asked etc in the telephone interview ?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Has anyone herd back from a telephone interview yet? How long does it take to hear back.....

It's a basic interview about what U know of the job and company last 10 minutes

What was asked in the interview ?

Figgi44

Hi Mozi
Well done on getting to this stage.
I've got my assessment day on 22nd July. I also passed with another TOC and been told the only bit I'll need to do is the DFFT, can you tell me what it's like? I'm pretty sure I did that with Southern, just wondering if it's the same type of thing.
Cheers

scaper28

Hi Mozi
Well done on getting to this stage.
I've got my assessment day on 22nd July. I also passed with another TOC and been told the only bit I'll need to do is the DFFT, can you tell me what it's like? I'm pretty sure I did that with Southern, just wondering if it's the same type of thing.
Cheers

you are finding faults and recording them, you are given a question book with a train car on with several different things on it (engine, battery, lights, windows ect) you then have to identify any faults and record them following the instructions given as to what code to put down and any other things to do as well as a priority list

Ruby86

you are finding faults and recording them, you are given a question book with a train car on with several different things on it (engine, battery, lights, windows ect) you then have to identify any faults and record them following the instructions given as to what code to put down and any other things to do as well as a priority list

Do you know what the group bourdon looks like? Is it dots or letters etc?

scaper28

Do you know what the group bourdon looks like? Is it dots or letters etc?

groups of dots, you need to cross out the clusters of 4. theres a thread dedicated to it with a program you can practice on, thought it is a pen and paper test so have to make sure you give it a practice on paper before you take the test would be my advice.

Ruby86

Thanks for the info scraper. Is the group bourdon test (crossing out 4 dots) alway the same? I mean for every TOC? The practice materials they have given are with letters and are pretty easy. Guess I'll have to try printing out the dots version.

scaper28

Thanks for the info scraper. Is the group bourdon test (crossing out 4 dots) alway the same? I mean for every TOC? The practice materials they have given are with letters and are pretty easy. Guess I'll have to try printing out the dots version.

yeah, speed and accuracy are key. I thought out of all the tests this is the worst explained by the practice material. Its not that hard if you have seen the test before imo and had a little practice

Ruby86

Many thanks for the info. I take it you have already been to the first stage assessment for mtr? If so how did you find it

BozCat

Hi all,

I have my assessment this week, the paperwork said smart dress. Anyone who has had theirs already can advise on this? Is it a suit and tie day? I want to make a good impression.

Thanks

mresh91

Hi all,

I have my assessment this week, the paperwork said smart dress. Anyone who has had theirs already can advise on this? Is it a suit and tie day? I want to make a good impression.

Thanks

Shirt and tie minimum, suit is even better. Everyone was smartly dressed. Didn't feel comfortable wearing a suit jacket so I just went shirt and tie, but go as smart looking as you can be.

railtorail

Hi everyone, first post on here. I just wanted to ask if most people solely used the material sent by MTR for the full assessment day (stage 4, I believe) and found that to be adequate preparation, or did most seek out more materials with which to practice?

Thanks.

BozCat

Shirt and tie minimum, suit is even better. Everyone was smartly dressed. Didn't feel comfortable wearing a suit jacket so I just went shirt and tie, but go as smart looking as you can be.

Thank you mresh91. How did you find the day, hoping that you were successful?

del12

How did the assessment go? Anything in particular you found difficult?

mozi

Hello when have you got the computer test, I completed my first assessment on the 14th and they invited me back on the 27th of this month.

Hi how did the second stage go, I have the 2 hand coordination to sit bit worried as its like playing a computer game but I was never one to play games. And any info on the MMI? Wish you all the best and you get the job mate.

EazyGuy

Have any trainees been given start dates? Curious as to what dates are being given...

Status
Not open for further replies.