• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Driver (Multiple Locations)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mekiz79

Just had my DMI. I think it went ok. They asked me loads about my knowledge of crossrail and the corporation which I was luckily able to give them plenty of info!

It seemed friendly enough and a relaxed environment etc. Oh well, now to wait!!

Anders99

Just had my DMI. I think it went ok. They asked me loads about my knowledge of crossrail and the corporation which I was luckily able to give them plenty of info!

Hi.... Do they ask specific questions or just expect you to ramble on and say what you know? I've researched a lot and can answer a lot of questions, but don't have too much faith in myself to be able to put that all in a presentation like way....

Joliver

Good luck.

Gooner18

Hi.... Do they ask specific questions or just expect you to ramble on and say what you know? I've researched a lot and can answer a lot of questions, but don't have too much faith in myself to be able to put that all in a presentation like way....

Specific compantancy based questions , for example;
Give me an example when you’ve gone above and beyond customer expectations, or

Give me an example of when you’ve dealt with a dissatisfied customer, and how you resolved it , etc

Also look up about the company, who owns them , what their performance figures are like , what routes they operate etc

Anders99

Specific compantancy based questions , for example;
Give me an example when you’ve gone above and beyond customer expectations, or

Give me an example of when you’ve dealt with a dissatisfied customer, and how you resolved it , etc

Also look up about the company, who owns them , what their performance figures are like , what routes they operate etc
Hi, thanks. Was wondering though if they asked specific questions regarding your knowledge of MTR and Crossrail, or expect you to just say all you know....

Gooner18

Hi, thanks. Was wondering though if they asked specific questions regarding your knowledge of MTR and Crossrail, or expect you to just say all you know....

In the two interviews I’ve had , they have not asked specific questions about the company , just what did I know about them.
Look up who they are owned by, if that company owns anymore franchises ,and where that company is based , what routes they run ( don’t worry about if they run lots maybe keep it local ) what trains they run etc.

For example when I recently went to depot driver at illford I said something like ;

Greater anglia is part of the abbellio group who also run scotrail, Merseyrail and buses within London and Surrey. The Abellio group is owned by the DS group who are a Dutch company running most of the railway infrastructure within Holland , their current franchise contract runs out in 2025.
The trains they currently have at the illford depot are 317,321,360 and 379 models ( I also learned what route those trains run on , but that’s only due to local knowledge I.e I have used and seen the particular trains on those routes)

That’s the basics of it , but you can adjust that for any TOC

Anders99

In the two interviews I’ve had , they have not asked specific questions about the company , just what did I know about them.
Look up who they are owned by, if that company owns anymore franchises ,and where that company is based , what routes they run ( don’t worry about if they run lots maybe keep it local ) what trains they run etc.

For example when I recently went to depot driver at illford I said something like ;

Greater anglia is part of the abbellio group who also run scotrail, Merseyrail and buses within London and Surrey. The Abellio group is owned by the DS group who are a Dutch company running most of the railway infrastructure within Holland , their current franchise contract runs out in 2025.
The trains they currently have at the illford depot are 317,321,360 and 379 models ( I also learned what route those trains run on , but that’s only due to local knowledge I.e I have used and seen the particular trains on those routes)

That’s the basics of it , but you can adjust that for any TOC
Thanks for your help.... Ive had the interview now so fingers crossed for my call next week

Mekiz79

Hi all. I've had the email today. Passed my interview. Just waiting for start dates now. Well chuffed.

Good luck to everyone else in the process!

JSegat

Hi all. I've had the email today. Passed my interview. Just waiting for start dates now. Well chuffed.

Congratulations. Welcome on board the anxiety train...

Iceberg1

Congratulations well done!

What depot have you applied for?

On the email how long does it say they will get back to you by with a start date or talent pool?

Anders99

Got the email and a phone call today been given a start date but not for my depot of choice, but who am I to turn them down! Lol. Congrats everyone on getting good news today!

JSegat

Got the email and a phone call today been given a start date but not for my depot of choice, but who am I to turn them down! Lol. Congrats everyone on getting good news today!
Which date and depot mate? As I'm still waiting it's good to keep a track of it. Thanks

Iceberg1

Those who have passed your DMI when did you apply for the post and for what depot?

I applied for the Ilford Depot this July..

JSegat

Those who have passed your DMI when did you apply for the post and for what depot?

I applied for the Ilford Depot this July..
I think everyone on this thread applied at July/18. Because it's the link on the first post.

7th Jan at Old Oak, although I applied for Maidenhead. Yourself?
I applied for Old Oak. Hopping to receive a call soon... Did they offered you any options of date?

235 also applied for Maidenhead and received the offer to Old Oak.

Iceberg1

I think everyone on this thread applied at July/18. Because it's the link on the first post.

I applied for Old Oak. Hopping to receive a call soon... Did they offered you any options of date?

235 also applied for Maidenhead and received the offer to Old Oak.

Ok I don’t remember if they were recruiting for different depots in July I thought it was only for Ilford and Gidea Park??

Nothing been offered to me yet lol just waiting tbh I don’t mind waiting if I’m talent pooled I’ll just have to wait i guess lol you?

JSegat

Ok I don’t remember if they were recruiting for different depots in July I thought it was only for Ilford and Gidea Park??

Nothing been offered to me yet lol just waiting tbh I don’t mind waiting if I’m talent pooled I’ll just have to wait i guess lol you?
Sorry, my mistake too, they where recruiting for Maidenhead and Old Oak Common as well at the same date.

I'm on the same boat, waiting for a "unexpected" phone call or a email by mid-November saying that I've been talent pooled...

I don't mind to be pooled to be honest, it's just the waiting that makes me too anxious. But I really liked the processas it was, as we received the assessment results at the same day.

Fingers crossed for us.

Iceberg1

Sorry, my mistake too, they where recruiting for Maidenhead and Old Oak Common as well at the same date.

I'm on the same boat, waiting for a "unexpected" phone call or a email by mid-November saying that I've been talent pooled...

I don't mind to be pooled to be honest, it's just the waiting that makes me too anxious. But I really liked the processas it was, as we received the assessment results at the same day.

Fingers crossed for us.

Ok I couldn’t remember I thought the last time the vacancy was up was only for Ilford and Gidea Park...

I agree well as long as they don’t forget about us then its fine i guess lol

Mekiz79

Congratulations well done!

What depot have you applied for?

On the email how long does it say they will get back to you by with a start date or talent pool?

Cheers mate. I applied for Gidea park and it says mid November.

Anders99

Well done congrats!

Have they booked you in for a medical if so for when? Did you get the call today?

No date for medical yet, just accepted the offer online tonight, so will wait for that call, hopefully this week.

Think it was around July I applied. I applied in 2016 also, got to MMI and failed on 1 question. Jumped back on it this year and worked my tush off for these interviews.

I think 235 said Maidenhead had so many applications from qualified drivers, hopefully once I'm qualified I'll be able to transfer back over.

All the best guys, the waiting sucks, but the whole process is one huge waiting game, you'd think we'd get use to it. Now out of nowhere it's like full steam ahead.

Iceberg1

No date for medical yet, just accepted the offer online tonight, so will wait for that call, hopefully this week.

Think it was around July I applied. I applied in 2016 also, got to MMI and failed on 1 question. Jumped back on it this year and worked my tush off for these interviews.

I think 235 said Maidenhead had so many applications from qualified drivers, hopefully once I'm qualified I'll be able to transfer back over.

All the best guys, the waiting sucks, but the whole process is one huge waiting game, you'd think we'd get use to it. Now out of nowhere it's like full steam ahead.

Well done! I failed a previous DMI last year so the same as you did my best this time!!

Oh right so you got the offer via email?? Did you recieve this only email after your interview or did you get the same one as most of us that you was successful and await a start date then got the offer email?

Also how many days apart thanks

Anders99

Well done! I failed a previous DMI last year so the same as you did my best this time!!

Oh right so you got the offer via email?? Did you recieve this only email after your interview or did you get the same one as most of us that you was successful and await a start date then got the offer email?

Also how many days apart thanks

Hey, I did my interview on Friday, got the email on Monday morning, then a phone call with a start date Monday afternoon. Everything started rolling really quickly since Friday.

JSegat

Hey, I did my interview on Friday, got the email on Monday morning, then a phone call with a start date Monday afternoon. Everything started rolling really quickly since Friday.
Holy... Man, you must have impressed them. That was very fast.

I've done my DMI on 24/09, received the email that I passed at 16/10, but no phone call yet...

Probably I've passed with a very low score. But at least I did. That's what matters to me.

PS: They offered you different start dates or just 07/01?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.