• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Driver (Multiple Locations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knowledgeboy

Oh okay yeah some TOCs have individual tests but I’m pretty sure the VSE is part of the psychometric tests that are kept on record. I think one of the SJTs too so depends which one you mean.

Best of luck anyhow.

When I applied last year I was invited by email to complete an additional SJT and some form of vse through the opc website I think. It was some sort of imaginary train going around a track stopping at stations and you also had to keep a look out for something else. So bit of multi tasking. I failed this but passed the SJT.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mashud121

Non of these tests that you are doing at home will be kept on records the only thing will be theyl have a record of it for 6 months so that you cannot re apply but after that you can do it again these VSE AND SJT are additional tests however these are not part of the phsycometrics so dont wori

ThatGuy

Gidea Park depot vacancy has been removed. Old Oak may be up there a little longer as that’s a very big depot that needs filling up. Not to mention the launch of the Central Operating Section around the corner they’ll need all drivers on deck. Good luck guys

martin2345uk

Established Member
I was unsure about choosing between gidea park and ilford so just picked the closest one..! Hope that doesn’t turn out to be an error...

Mixerdriver

SJT questionnaire invitation received and completed.....interesting!
Anyone else here applied for Maidenhead?

Bridger

SJT questionnaire invitation received and completed.....interesting!
Anyone else here applied for Maidenhead?
I too applied for Maidenhead! I'm about 30 minutes away currently... (though will be relocating to wherever I land a driving role) :)

Teddyward

Done mine for gidea Park.
Unfortunately just found an old email from when I failed vse. Was 19th feb. I thought it was longer ago. O well.

Mekiz79

I just got an email saying:

Thank you for completing the MTR Crossrail online questionnaire for the role of trainee driver. I’m pleased to tell you that you’ve been successful and have been shortlisted for the next stage of the selection process. The Occupational Psychology Centre (OPC) will continue to work with you through the next stages of the selection process.

It goes on to say I have to do a further 2 tests which need completing by the 3rd august!

Saffa

Thank you for completing the MTR Crossrail online questionnaire for the role of trainee driver. I’m pleased to tell you that you’ve been successful and have been shortlisted for the next stage of the selection process. The Occupational Psychology Centre (OPC) will continue to work with you through the next stages of the selection process.

It goes on to say I have to do a further 2 tests which need completing by the 3rd august!

Very quick! When did you complete the questionaire?

Good luck for the next stage!

Yousef Uddin

Congrats - any tips?

Mekiz79

Congrats - any tips?

Hmmm, it's not timed so make sure you carefully read each question and think about your answers. Crossrail are extremely focused on the best customer service, but safety always remains of upmost importance obviously! And your colleagues are also very important too!

I answered with what I thought was best but whilst bearing in mind the role of a train driver and and expectations from Crossrail or any other TOC, it's hard not to think that way!

utternoob

same here LOL

Mashud121

I just got the same will do tommorrow

martin2345uk

Established Member
Those who have already been invited to the next round, what depot did you apply for out of interest..?

Status
Not open for further replies.