• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Driver (Multiple Locations)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

simonw22

Wow well done congrats! You must be very happy! I waited 2 weeks for the email to be told i passed!!! Now I’m on a talent pool waiting for a start date in the East Depots ..
Can you switch to west depot just to get through. Change bk once done

Mekiz79

Can you switch to west depot just to get through. Change bk once done
I doubt it. Maidenhead for example is 1 hr 30 mins from where I live and that's relying on the M25 traffic being kind. You'd have to be based there for quite some time before you could move, can't see them allowing you to be that far away from your depot and would you want to travel that far for work, I wouldn't fancy it.

simonw22

I doubt it. Maidenhead for example is 1 hr 30 mins from where I live and that's relying on the M25 traffic being kind. You'd have to be based there for quite some time before you could move, can't see them allowing you to be that far away from your depot and would you want to travel that far for work, I wouldn't fancy it.
Old oak is within the hour though?

Catherine_SW4

Hi all. I have got a DMI coming up for MTR Crossrail. I understand people might not want to give too much away, but if anyone could give me any helpful advice on what to expect, what to read up on, what sort of questions may be asked, etc. then I would be extremely grateful !

C.T.P.

Hi all. I have got a DMI coming up for MTR Crossrail. I understand people might not want to give too much away, but if anyone could give me any helpful advice on what to expect, what to read up on, what sort of questions may be asked, etc. then I would be extremely grateful !
Which depot did you apply for?

Iceberg1

Hi if you go back a few pages and go through the messages you will find plenty of hints and tips! Good luck :)

simonw22

Hi, question for the guys who have already started. Do you get the 75% discount on national rail straight away? And how does it work. Ive worked out it will cost me £800 for a month without the discounts. Im coming from Surrey.

slidingdoors

Another question is how often would you actually get to use the discount! Surely the start or finish time would often be as such that you’d have to drive anyway?

Joliver

Hi, question for the guys who have already started. Do you get the 75% discount on national rail straight away? And how does it work. Ive worked out it will cost me £800 for a month without the discounts. Im coming from Surrey.
No not straight away. We get staff oyster cards next week, which is week 3 for us. Still waiting for PRIV card though (75% off). That comes to your home address. I feel your pain. I travel In from Herts, costing a fortune.

LaticDagger

No not straight away. We get staff oyster cards next week, which is week 3 for us. Still waiting for PRIV card though (75% off). That comes to your home address. I feel your pain. I travel In from Herts, costing a fortune.

Do you only get the 75% discount card if you live outside of London? Or does everyone get it?

simonw22

So basically we just have to swallow it for the 1st month then. Shame but if its got to be done then its got to be done.

TONE.84

Joliver how you finding the first few weeks of training? Is it just classroom based stuff at St Mary Axe?

Joliver

Joliver how you finding the first few weeks of training? Is it just classroom based stuff at St Mary Axe?
Yeah, pretty much class room bar 2 days which we've just done at Old Oak, for personal track safety assessments. It's gonna be a mixture from now on though. MTR seem to do their training a little different to other TOCS. It's good and enjoyable though.

Status
Not open for further replies.