• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR now recruiting for old oak common (London) courses from early 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malsujeto

Hi all,

I did my assessment on the 29th of August 2017 but I failed the Bourdon Concentration Test.
I was practising a lot at home but still fail I don't know if because of the nerves or so, the assessor told me maybe cause I was too fast... I talked with the rest of candidates that day and many failed the Bourdon test too. Even some people attending the Bourdon test for the second time find it quite hard really.

Quite a shame cause I succeed the TRP1&2 both achieved national standard and MTR standard.

The assessor told me I can try again after 6 months? Any tips please cause I really want to become an MTRCrossrail train driver.

Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LittleMi

have you got any answer on your DMI? how did you find it? I have mine towards the end of September, cannot wait any longer...:D

Got a job offer, obviously subject to medical, reference etc :)
Pretty straightforward questions, managers were really friendly and made me feel relaxed.
Good luck!

Aspirin80

Hi all,

I did my assessment on the 29th of August 2017 but I failed the Bourdon Concentration Test.
I was practising a lot at home but still fail I don't know if because of the nerves or so, the assessor told me maybe cause I was too fast... I talked with the rest of candidates that day and many failed the Bourdon test too. Even some people attending the Bourdon test for the second time find it quite hard really.

Quite a shame cause I succeed the TRP1&2 both achieved national standard and MTR standard.

The assessor told me I can try again after 6 months? Any tips please cause I really want to become an MTRCrossrail train driver.

Thanks!

Hi Malsujeto. I'm sorry you didn't make it this time. Hopefully in 6 months u will pass.
Tomorrow I will have my assessment. Just wanted to ask if you able to tell me what to expect and if the Tests are on the computer or paper and pencil. Bourdon Concentration Test is it on computer?
Thank you

Aspirin80

Just waiting for a date for the final interview now. Good luck to anyone going through the process. If I can be any help just shout

Hi officerX. I hope your interview went well.
I have my second assessment on the 12th of September.
Do you have any advice for me. I'm a bit worried. I went through the material they sent to me few times now. Is there anything that I can do to prep for my second assessment. I have done very well so far and I don't want to be sent home at this point. I would appreciate any help you could give.

Aspirin80

Hi guys, I have done computer tests and MMI today and all went well for myself, awaiting for a date for driver manager interview. :)

Hi gianpaoloo. I'm gonna go for the the second assessment the 12th of September. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi gianpaoloo. I'm gonna go for the the second assessment the 12th of September. Any advice would be appreciated.

Best advice is get plenty of sleep, listen carefully to what the assessor says about the tests, don't ever rush and you'll be fine. If you get to the MMI remember that is all safety and your personality so be prepared for it.

Aspirin80

Best advice is get plenty of sleep, listen carefully to what the assessor says about the tests, don't ever rush and you'll be fine. If you get to the MMI remember that is all safety and your personality so be prepared for it.
Thank you gianpaoloo for your advice. Definitely I will do that. For the MMI they make write the answers first before sitting for the interview?

The1

Thank you gianpaoloo for your advice. Definitely I will do that. For the MMI they make write the answers first before sitting for the interview?

Yes that's correct! In the morning before you do any computer test the assessor will ask you to complete the six question in short detail and then expand on the answers you gave in the morning. and good luck Aspirin and all those that have there 2nd day of assessments coming up.

Aspirin80

Yes that's correct! In the morning before you do any computer test the assessor will ask you to complete the six question in short detail and then expand on the answers you gave in the morning. and good luck Aspirin and all those that have there 2nd day of assessments coming up.

Thank you very much for your advice. And yeah good luck to everyone

Aspirin80

Hi guys I passed my second assessment.
Thanks for all of your advice.
Now I have to prepare for the manager interview.

Hi guys

I did not pass the DMI and I am now waiting for the feedback.

Good luck to the rest of you going for assessments and DMI!!!

Aspirin80

Hi guys

I did not pass the DMI and I am now waiting for the feedback.

Good luck to the rest of you going for assessments and DMI!!!
Hi gianpaoloo.
I'm so sorry. Is a bit harsh after all the hard work you expect the DMI to be an occasion to know the manager and have a chat. For what reason they could possibly reject people!?
I don't have a date yet for my DMI but at this point I'm not optimistic at all.

Hi gianpaoloo.
I'm so sorry. Is a bit harsh after all the hard work you expect the DMI to be an occasion to know the manager and have a chat. For what reason they could possibly reject people!?

I know, it has been very difficult to digest and I haven’t received the feedback yet, but after the interview I already knew which question I failed by my point of view, so it hasn’t come as a shock for me.

The fact that we have passed all the assessments doesn’t mean much to me. If you have some skills still doesn’t mean you have the right attitude/motivation to become a train driver.

I take it as a very formative experience and will definitely work on the feedback they give to me as surely I will apply for any other trainee vacancy coming up.

For your info the managers that interviewed me were extremely professional and welcoming and always felt at ease!!!

Good luck.

SPADTrap

Established Member
Hi gianpaoloo.

The I in DMI stands for interview..

Bromley boy

Established Member
Hi gianpaoloo.

You shouldn’t be optimistic if you think a DMI is a cosy chat with a manager over a cuppa...

Aspirin80

I know, it has been very difficult to digest and I haven’t received the feedback yet, but after the interview I already knew which question I failed by my point of view, so it hasn’t come as a shock for me.

The fact that we have passed all the assessments doesn’t mean much to me. If you have some skills still doesn’t mean you have the right attitude/motivation to become a train driver.

I take it as a very formative experience and will definitely work on the feedback they give to me as surely I will apply for any other trainee vacancy coming up.

For your info the managers that interviewed me were extremely professional and welcoming and always felt at ease!!!

Good luck.
Hi gianpaoloo
I'm sure next time you will succeed. Once you get your feedback you will be able to know on Which areas you need to focus.
I started already preparing for DMI. I printed a lot of material from the MTR cross rail website that I'm reading at the moment and trying to memorize as much as I can about the company and the trains ecc
I'm expecting questions related to why I want to be a train driver, the train driver skills ecc
I truly wish you the best of luck for the next time.

Hi gianpaoloo
I'm sure next time you will succeed. Once you get your feedback you will be able to know on Which areas you need to focus.
I started already preparing for DMI. I printed a lot of material from the MTR cross rail website that I'm reading at the moment and trying to memorize as much as I can about the company and the trains ecc
I'm expecting questions related to why I want to be a train driver, the train driver skills ecc
I truly wish you the best of luck for the next time.

Cheers mate.

You’re spot on, remember in your research that mtr don’t only have to do with railway. Give a lot of motivations and make sure to mention all the skills required. You’ll fly!!!

Good luck to you to.

Aspirin80

Cheers mate.

You’re spot on, remember in your research that mtr don’t only have to do with railway. Give a lot of motivations and make sure to mention all the skills required. You’ll fly!!!

Good luck to you to.
Thank you

OfficerX

So after not keeping up to date with everything on here for a while, I have my Manager Interview tomorrow afternoon and after reading others experiences, I am bricking it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.