• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR now recruiting for old oak common (London) courses from early 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aspirin80

Hi officerX.
Good luck for your interview tomorrow.
Can I ask when u passed your MMI? Did they call you or email you for DMI and how long ago?
I'm a bit concerned I have been waiting for the DMI date a while now and I haven't received anything yet.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Aspirin80

So after not keeping up to date with everything on here for a while, I have my Manager Interview tomorrow afternoon and after reading others experiences, I am bricking it lol
Hi officerX.
Good luck for your interview tomorrow.
Can I ask when u passed your MMI? Did they call you or email you for DMI and how long ago?
I'm a bit concerned I have been waiting for the DMI date a while now and I haven't received anything yet.

OfficerX

Hi Apspirin
It's taken AGES to get here. I was worried too as I had not heard anything so I emailed them. They explain that it had been really busy but that I would hear within 4-6 weeks. At the beginning of the 7th week I was invited in for interview. I don't know what to expect today but I'm sure I'll post later

Aspirin80

Hi Apspirin
It's taken AGES to get here. I was worried too as I had not heard anything so I emailed them. They explain that it had been really busy but that I would hear within 4-6 weeks. At the beginning of the 7th week I was invited in for interview. I don't know what to expect today but I'm sure I'll post later

I wish you the best of luck officerX

OfficerX

Had the DMI yesterday. Not the most pleasant experience of my life. I will find out within two weeks whether or not I have been successful. Worth bearing in mind that the actual courses being offered now don't start until next October

mrbubbles

Had the DMI yesterday. Not the most pleasant experience of my life. I will find out within two weeks whether or not I have been successful. Worth bearing in mind that the actual courses being offered now don't start until next October

Any news yet mate?

holymoly

I'm due to start in September, so still some time to wait. Just waiting to hear about references and medical.

Anyone else starting around the same time?

sharpinf

I found out I'd passed my November DMI around two months ago - still awaiting a start date and heard "late this year/early next year" when I enquired a few weeks ago - much looking forward to it

Dscs

Well done Holmoly and Sharpinf! That's the worst part, the waiting game but at least you now know you have something to look forward too

niahay1985

I had my managers interview at the end of November, got the phone call to tell me I had been successful towards the end of January and still waiting to hear anything more. Any one else in the same boat? I was told it would be towards the end of the year before I was likely to be on a course. I'd love a letter to just confirm I passed the interview!

niahay1985

Nothing further unfortunately, still just waiting for some news. Is anyone else in the same boat? Since receiving the phone call to say that I had been successful at interview, I've literally heard nothing from them, apart from being added to their mailing list so I now receive a monthly MTR email!

sharpinf

Same as niahay besides the monthly email I've not heard anything firther. I did phone them in mid February when they did kindly confirm I was on their list and courses would be late this year / early next year. It's one of those things of balancing contacting them for updates and being annoying or not

holymoly

I was told I passed the DMI in October and it was in December they said I would start training in September. I received my contract then, but it's been radio silence since. Have you guys received an offer letter or contract in the post? As painful as it is, it seems like you just have to keep waiting until they get in touch with you

niahay1985

Sharpinf, Would you mind PM'ing me the number you contacted them on as I don't have one. I wouldn't mind talking to someone and confirming the same myself. It's pretty torturous not hearing anything!

sharpinf

Sharpinf, Would you mind PM'ing me the number you contacted them on as I don't have one. I wouldn't mind talking to someone and confirming the same myself. It's pretty torturous not hearing anything!

No problem PM sent

Last edited:

Mo ali

I was told I passed the DMI in October and it was in December they said I would start training in September. I received my contract then, but it's been radio silence since. Have you guys received an offer letter or contract in the post? As painful as it is, it seems like you just have to keep waiting until they get in touch with you

I’m in the same boat start date in October but nothing since communication in December n signed contract

Trent

Hey guys, I did the online VSE and SJT tests on Tuesday and received an email yesterday inviting me to the next stage! Not until mid-September so loads of time to go over the practice materials.

Am I reading right that they will score up the tests on the day and tell you whether you've been successful or not? I went for LU Train Operator earlier this year and it took two weeks to hear back that I hadn't quite done enough!

Hi JackS,

I Recently did my sjt and vse with MTR crossrail and didnt make it though. How many errors did you make on part 2 and 3 if any? I made 0 errors in part 1, 3 errors in part 2 and 4 errors in part 3.

Do you think they are looking for zero errors on part 1 and 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.