• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mtu Hst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

Isn't posting on behalf of a banned member against the rules....

T

Tom

Funny, he's a registered user on here so why couldn't he post it himself?

I was asked by fusionrail to post it... :|

D306

Established Member
I think that after you closed the thread with the heritage railways link, he won't use RailUk so thats why someone else has done it

The Snap

Established Member
Is this Jonno's MTU? Why would he have given it to this website to host...?

Turbostar

Can I suggest this thread be removed. It's been tried on BVE Railnetwork, & promtly removed due to copyright issues. End of.

T

Tom

Is it me or is RailNetwork taking over the planet now? How many staff have they got now? A pointlessly huge amount? :|

Anyway - Mart, please contact me why this should be removed. If the reason is what I think it is then we'll close it, but until then I shall hold off.

Turbostar

Who said anything about BVE Railnetwork taking over the planet??? I was merely advising over a suspect copyright problem, hence why it was removed from BVE Railnetwork. If you wanna allow promoting of suspect copyright issues, that's upto you! Got nothing to do with taking over the planet!!! :neutral:

T

Tom

No, I was just commenting on the advertisement in a lot of peoples sigs - bearing in mind we aren't linked back.

I'm not promoting any copyright issue - I'd rather have confirmation of one before removing something.

1D53

Established Member
No, I was just commenting on the advertisement in a lot of peoples sigs - bearing in mind we aren't linked back.

Worried about your Google page-rank? ;)

Craig

Established Member
Sorry if I'm posting on behalf of a banned member but said clip is authorised by the owner, panic over!

I think it was removed from RailNetwork over a cause of who as opposed to if it was authorised ;)

pedned

It has got copyright.
As John Owen has been working with Heritage railways.
And I'm not really in a position to speak about why TSC and BVE RN could'nt use his sounds, but its all to do with a member of both groups...

Craig

Established Member
John would rather not have this discussed in public and would like the post to continue about the MTU and not copyright issues.

AlexS

Established Member
John is making an MTU HST. He has posted his soundclip online. People can hear the soundclip. There is therefore no problem with it.

Bearing in mind the sheer number of MTU HSTs that the gent works on and his long history in producing sounds, I can't see there being an issue with copyright, turning on a recorder at work should suffice!

If he elects not to use BVE Rail Network, that's up to him.

This forum is not BVE Rail Network. The way that site works and views Mr Owen's creations is totally irrelevent to someone posting a soundfile here. If you don't want to hear it, fine, John can simply keep the MTU HST to his friends privately, and not make it available for the community to enjoy.

D9521

Ok lets clear this up..

John gave myself and my team permission to host the MTU sound clip on our website thats simple enough

Without being too rude or sounding too harsh zane is rather opposed to john no need to go into that any deeper and therefore because john removed copyright he decided to lock the thread remove it and ban me for displaying a post for johns work

TSC some moron decided to ramble on about copyright so the post was locked and removed

Whats the world coming to when someone blatently gets permission that people can't just comment thats a great sound or well done they have to fire guns about copyright and issues related

I'm sorry my first proper post isn't a very nice one but im fed-up of people in the BVE world at the moment

T

Tom

I think they're both opposed to each other really ;)

Anyway - seeing as I was right not to lock it, can we please come off the copyright crap and discuss the HST itself? Ta!

D9521

Thank you tom in my opinion i think john has done a cracking job with the mtu and he only awaits cab pictures now

devon_metro

Established Member
It certainly isn't bad, i'm listening for about the 4 time now :lol:

Some of the sounds though sound a little bit dodgy and may need adjusting.

Coxster

Established Member
I don't know about anyone else, but I think we kind of got the point quite a while ago....

Anyway, the clip sounds good and I'm certainly looking forward to your ED :lol:

D9521

Thanks Damon that will be our second project once we have completed the 14 which i hope to release before christmas actually but all depends on if everything goes to plan

Status
Not open for further replies.