• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Multiple First Group Guard jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Paul1974

I've applied to Manchester Piccadilly fingers crossed, any advice would really help.

blackfrost

I went for a Trainee Conductor job at Redhill a few years back with then First Great Western. The way the assessments are conducted probably has changed but one thing I remember is for the concentration test it's the SCAAT not Group Bourdon dots if that helps

Paul1974

Thanks for the advice, has anyone else applied for piccadilly...? I know the closing date is the 28/11

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Cardiff job is fixed term secondment for internals, talent pool for externals.

Paul1974

How long does it normally take before you hear back from Transpennie Express...? I applied on the 22/11/16 and did the online assesment the next day. I have had emails(thank the thanks for you application, the invite to do the online assesment and we will be in touch.) Not sure how long these things normally take cause its my first rail job I've applied for. Thanks for the help.

Wazza082

I applied for this role at Fratton. I have a telephone interview Wednesday morning My first ever telephone interview so I'm hoping this will be less nerv racking than face to face.

Any helpfully advise and questions they may ask would be appreciated. On their notes in my letter says questions will relate to customer service and scenarios.

I was recently unsuccessfully for a gateline position and the feedback from my interview was that I did not give pacific anwsers to two questions. I got them right but I didnt pin point them so that why I didn't get the role. This was very harsh as I scored high in the interview.

wils180

Cardiff job is fixed term secondment for internals, talent pool for externals.

strange if true, have been given a potential start date as an external (about a week before the internal start date). Anyone know why it's only 12 months?

Status
Not open for further replies.