• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NATEX Hst timetable booking etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demps

This was a question aimed at yorkie, but as were both on msn at different times, he suggested posting on here.

Anyway, im soon to be traveling north york-newcaslte for natex part, and would like to be ona HST, preferable new liveried! I used to use the GNER web timetable for this, but i dont know where to look now.

Also, would i be able to pre book one of these and get a discount, pref next day delivery ticket?

May seem like a lame question, but it was aimed for MSN heh.

Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom B

Established Member
Any train going up to Inverness / Aberdeen will be HST. I think it shows on the online timetable anyway?

Demps

Yeah but some terminate at edinburgh right EDIT dosent matter now i will use the Timetable.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Any train going up to Inverness / Aberdeen will be HST. I think it shows on the online timetable anyway?

Yes, the new national express website (www.nxeastcoast.com) retains online timetables with HST/91 trains shown. If travelling at the weekend or over easter, the engineering works timetables should be checked, as traction can often differ from that booked in the normal timetable.

me123

Established Member
You can't guarantee a new liveried set ATM because there are only 2 (based on evidence in another thread). If it helps, one set was on the 0710 Leeds to Aberdeen, so if you know how the trains circle round the diagrams, you could maybe work out if you get a NXEC liveried set. Of course, there's still no way to guarantee it.

clagmonster

Established Member
In terms of times for HSTs, you can find them on the East Coast website, on this page: http://www.nationalexpresseastcoast.com/en/Travel-Information/ Towards the bottom of the page, there is a timetables section, use the drop down menu to select the relevent timetable. You also need to check for engineering works, which may use a replacement timetable. For this, you can use the callender to the right of the timetables menu. Any replacement timetables will againg have HSTs marked.
As has already been mentioned, you can't guarentee a repainted set, but they are identical internally to the non-repainted sets.
As for cheap fares, my best advice is to book as far ahead as you can. Tickets go on sale approximately 12 weeks in advance. To save money on the delivery, either get a 1st class mail delivery, or if it is too late for that, use the Fast Ticket collection system.

Status
Not open for further replies.