• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NatEx Win ICEC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Crompton Karl

I wonder what silly name they will come up with to rename the Franchise? Good luck to them hope they do well (just please give it a good name!).

Karl :)

332 > 444

L2S London 2 Scotland :)

'TWO' :)

Lets see how this London - Lincoln service will compare with E.Mids 3+ hour service.

westcoaster

Established Member

Craig

Established Member
i guess that would be mk3's and dvt's but what would haul them 90's, or even 87's, or could it be 321's coming from silverlink.
90+Mk3s is most likely. Guards already sign Mk3s and 90s/Mk3 DVTs are similar to 91s/Mk4 DVTs so driver training would be fairly easy.

I guess there's a chance of 87s being used, but defiantly not 321s...

It will be interesting to see what happens when they take over.

Jord

So GNER have lost the contract? If they have won't the new company just take over all what GNER got there HSTs and 91s and al the rest of it?

Mintona

Established Member
Big congratulations to National Express, I am glad they won something, and I'm sure they'll do well.

westcoaster

Established Member
i guess that would be mk3's and dvt's but what would haul them 90's, or even 87's, or could it be 321's coming from silverlink.

coming on from earlier lincoln is not electrified so what would do that service hst's, os could it be that natex use the under used 67's +mk's + dvt, 67's are the ecml thunderbirds iirc.

william

Established Member
Yes Jord, but theyre planning on introducing new services commencing 2010

Pathfinder

Ah GNER,the king is dead,long live the king NOT !! Well done National Express,nice to see you win for a change ! I for one wont mourn the passing of GNER,and I suspect I wont be alone,sometimes greed is not good ! :razz:

tedted

Well done to National Express. I hope East Coast will be at least as good as Midland Mainline. I shall mourn over the tragic loss of Midland Mainline!

Sir_Clagalot

Free Wifi in Standard Class. Where have I heard that before... Oh yes, Grand Central, down the East Coast... Hmm, some one had to follow didnt they?! ;)

Pathfinder

Free Wifi in Standard Class. Where have I heard that before... Oh yes, Grand Central, down the East Coast... Hmm, some one had to follow didnt they?! ;)

Check out the rest of their customer service offers on therailwaycentre.com news clagalot,you'll find the offers are very similar to yours(if indeed you do work for GC ! ),particularly the refund of the fare if reserved seat not available,another GC idea ? ;)

Sir_Clagalot

I do work for GC, as does maybe_idontknow (and yes, I do know who he is!). It does seem a bit copycat! Trying to steal our thunder before we've gotten going with a set!
Not very impresses with the interiors of the DRS Mk3s, plenty of (potentially live) wires dangling from the ceiling! along with a few other bits missing internally.

Pathfinder

I do work for GC, as does maybe_idontknow (and yes, I do know who he is!). It does seem a bit copycat! Trying to steal our thunder before we've gotten going with a set!
Not very impresses with the interiors of the DRS Mk3s, plenty of (potentially live) wires dangling from the ceiling! along with a few other bits missing internally.

Not a good day for DRS all round then yesterday was it,dodgy loco,shabby stock dony suppose it fills you with confidence then does ? :?

Z12XE

The name is "National Express East Coast"

Yes, but its not the brand name they will be using.

To quote NX direct:

The new franchise will be called National Express East Coast and its management team will be headquartered in York. We will be unveiling an exciting new brand for the new franchise in due course and have an innovative package of investments to deliver over the franchise, which will run for just over seven years.

Sir_Clagalot

The state of the stock *may* have been down to lack of time. AFAIK the hire was arranged at short notice, so they might not have been able to put it all back into position. The loco ran fine in the morning!

Tom B

Established Member
Hmm. They will having trouble beating GNER I think, who were one of the best TOCs IMO.

Nick W

Established Member
I can't believe this. They haven't learnt from GNER's mistake and have offered even more bribe money over the franchise.

There's no new services until 2010, what about next year's timetable?
I'm disappointed that Tyneside still isn't going to be served.

Fares are rising above inflation effective next year though.

Don't worry though, Stansted Airport's 2nd runway is being worked as we speak. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.