• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

National Express East Coast Wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.

schmoo_smith

Ok so as we all may know free wifi will be available through standard and first class when national express take over. Will this be effective from tomorrow or will we have to wait a few weeks for this to become available?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rail-britain

Established Member
Sit in First Class and you get 10Mbps
Sit in Standard and you get 1Mbps
?!

rail-britain

Established Member
With WiFi being standard then there are no need for stickers
On some trains there are more stickers than passengers!

I am on it right now in Standard Class, and for webbrowsing its totally fine. I am on 1S05 from NCL to GLC, and its been fine right up the coast, which is usually a poor area.

adambro

Great news that WiFi is going free, I'll certainly make use of this.

schmoo_smith

i think they still need to advertise that the wifi is free, i.e having free wifi stickers on windows, not everyone will realise that the the train have wifi and that it is free

T

Tom

I don't think they should - too many people use it and you'll get "too many users". :)

Tom B

Established Member
How have speeds fared since it became free to everyone?

If I was travelling long distance previously I would go first class, as it was often very little more than second class + wifi fee.

schmoo_smith

i was on a nxec service from newcastle to kings x a couple of days after they took over and the speed was painfully slow and there wasnt even that many people on the train

Status
Not open for further replies.