• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

National Rail Enquiries Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisCooper

Established Member
Is anyone else finding the National Rail Enquiries site really irritating at the moment. They have changed something so it's working a lot faster, but if you do a new search it repeats the old search until unless you force it to refresh, and I can't get it to give fares information (it keeps saying please wait, but never comes up with anything, eventually saying it's been closed due to inactivity). Also, since it's working faster, it's refreshing very quick, and everytime it refreshed it forces itself into the foreground, so it's impossible to do anything else whilst waiting (unless you want to keep clicking back to it).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
The last few days the site has been a bit hit and miss. It seems ok today but the other it would give me times but then an error if I wanted to know the fare

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
For journey planning I recommend this:

http://195.40.43.138/8QD5P3B2/bin/query.exe/en

Click 'Journey Guide' and it lists all calling points :)

For prices, I recommend using thetrainline.

Although thetrainline does have a lot of faults (mostly to do with abysmal customer service) it's the best way to find out fares.

Guinness

Established Member
I personally use Virgin Trains as it keeps a record of my past journies and prices. Quite handy. :)

Don't forget that trainline has that charge for credit cards....

Status
Not open for further replies.