• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

National rail journey planner not giving times for return journeys

Justin Smith

Sorry if this has been asked before (Google didn't bring up an answer though ! ) but National Rail's journey planner doesn't seem to be bringing up train times for most of the return journeys on a requested itinerary.
I put in a journey from Swinton (SY) to Shildon and 4 of the 5 return journeys have no price quoted (not that I am bothered about that) and no times - i.e. "journey details" - either. It just says "No fares available please choose another journey".

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
I can replicate the problem for tomorrow but not Wednesday.

My guess is that you have hit LNER's "compulsory reservation" policy, and that southbound trains from Scotland/the NE are actually fully reserved - unsurprising, as it's a public holiday in Scotland - so it won't show the intermediate times.

The simple workaround for tomorrow is to buy an offpeak return rather than Advances for £5:extra (undiscounted).