• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nearest EWS Depot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom

Jamster and Coxster - I didn't really "turn down" either of them. They were offered on a list of placements through Enfield Council. I just didn't apply to them.

If you're going to take that attitude that we're showing off, it seems everyone else mentioned what they are doing for work experience - this is a FREE forum with FREE speech (to a degree...).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

class 313

Established Member
Lol Tom, why bring up a thread about work expreiance if you dont expect other people to say what they have. Also you have had 2 opportunity's yet you turned them down...

Daniel

Established Member
As previously explained I had those opportunities but didn't apply. I didn't "turn them down". Theres a difference.

class 313

Established Member
Well, If you think about it thats the same as you have the chance yet you dont wanna do it yet you moan you cant find any other places :s

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Jamster and Coxster - I didn't really "turn down" either of them. They were offered on a list of placements through Enfield Council. I just didn't apply to them.
Ah right, that's fair enough mate.

Personally though it would have been in your best interests to apply for either as at the end of the day it's workexp on the railways ;)

Daniel

Established Member
At the end of the day Bounds Green is my back-up....

*checks on Enfield Councils site........*

No-one has applied to either!!!

Daniel

Established Member
Julian - 37427 from SWT Rail lives just off the Hertford Road, DelticMatt lives just off the Hertford Road.... both in Enfield Lock ;)

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I did my Work Experience in Mar/May 2004 with Chiltern Railways at Aylesbury TMD - you may have luck contacting them even if depot work is not what you're after (they told me that station work wouldn't work - an insurance issue, which seems odd, as if you're gonna get injured, it's more likely to happen in a depot, but meh.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I worked with existing staff and the apprentices, was shown how to do certain tasks on a train engine checks & repairs as part of a 'C' Exam, interior check of train as part of exam (testing CCTV, doors, vandalism), downloading ATP (Automatic Train Protection) data, re-oiling of engines, testing PassComms, testing horns :D and window wipers, testing Emergency door openings.

Jim

Established Member
Seth enjoyed his time at Northfields LUL depot and as a result is now working with LU on their apprenticeship scheme.

On a side note, I'm doing work experience myself in late June with South West Trains who approved me a few weeks ago.
Where will you be, I will have to come down & see you

T

Tom

Based at BM - I think I'm doing a bit of stations and shadowing a traincrew....

Status
Not open for further replies.