• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Need helping getting my foot in the door

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowkey32

Hi All
Im Dan. 33yr old Australian with dual Aus/UK citizenship now permanently based in the UK. I have my Network Rail PTS Card and also have CSCS Card, First Aid Cert, Current D&A and am looking for work in or around the Railway Industry. I have been labouring for over a year now and really want to make it in the railway industry. I have been sending e-mail after e-mail for PTS JOBS and not getting much response as I dont have any railway experience. Can anyone give me some advice or info on who or where I may be able to get my foot in the door? . I have the highest standard of work ethic, a true team player, excellent communication skills and passionate about working on the railway. Im available 24/7 and immediately.

If you can let me know any info that will help that will be awesome...

Thanks Heaps

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Simon11

Established Member
"I have the highest standard of work ethic, a true team player, excellent communication skills and passionate about working on the railway."

Sorry I'm not an expert in the field you wish to work for, however if your not getting any interviews, I wonder if its something to do with your application?

With regards to your words above, prove it! Do you have examples of when you've gone beyond the call of duty, when you've used your excellent communication skills and been a true team player. Anyone can say they have excellent communication skills (reminds me of politicians), it doesn't mean much to a person reading a cv.

Good luck!

lowkey32

I have plenty of examples and references abundant that would agree with me. Its nothing to do with the CV its the fact that 99% of thejobs state you need experience. I have just obtained my qualifications so I have no experience " ON TRACK" but extensive experience off the track.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
As far as what im looking for well i am happy to start at the bottom. My long term goal is to become a COSS so anything that will lead me in that direction long term will be perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.