• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nene Valley Railway Diesel Gala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mvann

Details are now on the NVR website for the diesel gala on the 4th - 6th October. The £5 grab bags will be available from the cafe at wansford. A limited supply will also be on sale at Ferry Meadows Station (saturday and Sunday) and hopefully on the mk1 set Friday and Saturday (assuming the spare bar area is still in the set). As soon as the timetable is issued, I will let you all know, but the diagrams are likely to change.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mvann

Either a ham or cheese sandwich, sausage roll, packet of crisps, chocolate bar and either a bottle of pop or water.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
50 026 arrived yesterday (24th September) and Northumbria rails alco has arrived at Ferry Meadows today (as announced in the latest issue of heritage railway). The rest of the visiting diesels should arrive next week.
In other news, the beer will be listed next week and nene valley bottled beer has been delivered today.

theblackwatch

Established Member
I see that 56038 is no longer available, and has been replaced by 56018 from Washwood Heath.

Mvann

I believe that that is version 1. Version 2 is tidier. Version 3 will be on the web tommorrow, the locomotives that are being towed in are having their FTR's today, so there could be diagram alterations between now and then.

GazzaB24

I see that 56038 is no longer available, and has been replaced by 56018 from Washwood Heath.

According to the PLEG site today, 56018 is ill and will be replaced by 56301 and the GBRf 66/7 is no longer available on the Saturday due to traffic commitments.

trackman1986

Well I'm new here I'm not sure about you chaps but I had a great day down at NVR seeing 50026 made my day as I had haulage behind in the late 80s when I was working on the real railway BRITISH RAIL down in reading from 84/88 I had forgotten what a class 50 sounded like or smelled like I'm now a converted 50 basher I had a lot of 50s for haulage from tilehurst to reading and to oxford so in 2014 I'm going to ride behind as many as I can it's just something I have to do .

trackman1986

Oh yeah I hear ya it's always good to meet new people I saw 3 old friends myself who were 33108 50026 20001 wich are all ticked off in my 1989 spotters book and 47401 I needed it yesyes at last I think I'll be going to the mid norfolk railway in december for another 50 bash

Status
Not open for further replies.