• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nene Valley Railway's Polish 'Slask' 5485

Status
Not open for further replies.

cksteam

http://chriskempster.zenfolio.com/p561163412

September will see the retirement from service of the Nene Valleys Polish 0-8-0 tank engine 5485. After giving many years service, her boiler ticket is due to expire.

Doubtlessly the team at Wansford MPD will miss this powerful engine but the future for 'The Meg' is looking uncertain. The overhaul queue at the Nene Valley is already long, and the size of this engine means that the NVR is the only line likely to be able to use her.

For those wanting to see 5485 in steam before she is stopped, her last scheduled running is this coming weekend of the 3rd and 4th of September.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mvann

Having just read the latest edition of nene steam, the boiler ticket has been extended to the summer of 2012.

cksteam

My copy hasn't arrived yet but very good news for the owner and the railway.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
My copy of Nene Steam has finally come through. Your right, 'boiler ticket extended to Summer 2012'

Its a credit to the team at the NVR that they have managed to get an extension. I'm sure that the extra year will be of great benefit to them while they progress with overhauls on other engines.

There is at the moment, nothing to replace this engine when it does eventually come out of service. None of the current overhauls are going to be ready for a few years, unless some serious money becomes available for boiler work.

Status
Not open for further replies.