• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network Rail HR for new Sig Grade 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainmad3343

Hello.

New to this forum and have joined in a blind panic so hoping some one can reassure me. I will be phoning Network Rail tomorrow to quiz them.

I received a job offer a couple of weeks ago by phone which I accepted and then about a last week got the formal offer through via email for signaller grade 2.

I filled out all the forms its talks about and emailed them back within the week from the date of letter.

I have been looking at my online account as have not received acknowledgement for a couple of days and on my profile the status's reads as follow

Assessment 2 Completed
Formal Offer in progress
Assessment 2 Completed
Formal Offer Sent
Verbal Offer Rejected - Under Consideration

What do you think that means... When the LOM phoned to tell me after the interview and I said yes he said HR would be in touch which they were, but now it says verbal offer rejected??? and then Under consideration.

Hopefully its an admin mistake or nothing to worry about.

hope anyone can put some light on this. thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TomBoyd

Network Rail HR are famous in and out of the company for being... not that bright. I'm sure it's just a mistake and the phone call will sort it.

Congratulations and welcome to the company!

Gavmnnng

Don't worry about that,its obviously an error.
I had "formal offer sent" and nothing regarding acceptance still on my communication list on the Friday before my Monday start!
Email your LOM and clarify the situation,he will probably say ignore it!

Lddex

Happened to me this week. Its because I queried something (As I'm freelance I don't have a p45) so they put my acceptance on hold until the resource manager answered my question and I was happy. It then changed to pre employment checks or something. HR said its just the way the system works.

Have HR got back to you yet?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.