• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network rail operative interview (signal mtce)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daveyboy2407

This is what I received., so hopefully an interview

Dear candidate,
Due to the recent coronavirus outbreak, interviews for this vacancy (IRC2180092) have been cancelled for the foreseeable future.
You are still an active applicant for this vacancy, and we will be in touch as soon as we can arrange an alternate interview date where the safety of staff and candidates can be guaranteed. Thank you for your patience and apologies for the inconvenience.
Kind regards,
Network Rail

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jayimmediata

This is what I received., so hopefully an interview

Dear candidate,
Due to the recent coronavirus outbreak, interviews for this vacancy (IRC2180092) have been cancelled for the foreseeable future.
You are still an active applicant for this vacancy, and we will be in touch as soon as we can arrange an alternate interview date where the safety of staff and candidates can be guaranteed. Thank you for your patience and apologies for the inconvenience.
Kind regards,
Network Rail

This is what I received

Dear Candidate

Thank you for applying for the Operative position in Doncaster. This has been on hold for some time due to Covid. However, we plan to recommence recruitment shortly.

I appreciate it has been a while since your application, can I ask that if you are no longer interested that you withdraw or let me know and I will withdraw on your behalf.

If you could do this by the end of the week, that would be great.

Kind regards

Daveyboy2407

This is what I received

Dear Candidate

Thank you for applying for the Operative position in Doncaster. This has been on hold for some time due to Covid. However, we plan to recommence recruitment shortly.

I appreciate it has been a while since your application, can I ask that if you are no longer interested that you withdraw or let me know and I will withdraw on your behalf.

If you could do this by the end of the week, that would be great.

Kind regards
That can only be good news mate .good luck

Shep19

Hopefully you boys get an interview soon then, as I’ve had mine so shouldn’t be much of a hold up now, good luck!

TheOne1990

Hopefully the ball starts rolling soon! I haven’t had an email like that so I guess 2 months isn’t that long lol.

Jay_123

Under consideration for assessment 2 does not mean you will get an interview

Jay_123

Yeah I know. I was just pointing out the email stated recruitment will be starting again soon so I will hear something either way soon enough
Yeah i wouldn’t worry, you will hear either way mate just didnt want you to get your hopes up thats all

jayimmediata

Yeah i wouldn’t worry, you will hear either way mate just didnt want you to get your hopes up thats all
I think reading on here how many times people have applied previously it wouldn’t do you any good getting your hopes up lol this is my first application so we will see how it goes. Are you currently working on the railway or waiting to hear something too?

jayimmediata

Good point! I currently work for network rail mate
Do you mind me asking what it is you do? I have applied for an OLE operative in Doncaster. I have worked in distribution and logistics for the last 18 years so it is a complete career path change.

Daveyboy2407

I suppose you could of been one of the first in and if they are interviewing 8 people then maybe not. Have you phoned the recruitment dept.?

djv

sorry to jump on post I have 16 years experience GSM and I cant even get a position in Norwich 3 interviews my latest interview came up quite quick
also is there D&A testing in Norfolk

NPB1131

Is 3weeks a long time not to hear anything after an interview?
I'd say so yeah mate. Never been any longer than a week for me in previous interviews...suppose as they say; no news is good news!

I had my medical last Thursday - just waiting on my D&A results then should receive my start date!

Shep19

Great news for you! Bet you can’t wait to start, 3weeks does seem pretty long to me, surely they would tell me by now if I was unsuccessful? Who knows! Good luck with it all mate.

TheOne1990

Mine just says invite to assesment 2 pending, but not had an email sent to me this time. Hopefully things are speeding up now, hopefully it means I’m through to the hiring manager for potential interview!

Shep19

I’ve still heard nothing, over a month after interview, recruitment did say the job is held by the unions and waiting for the green light from them? Anyone else had this?

Chrisy89

Any update ? That’s my first week by at nwr as operative off track, really enjoying learning new skills , good luck and hopefully hear soon

TheOne1990

Got my interview in a couple of weeks, glad your enjoying it. Did it take long to get a start date after you were successful?

Status
Not open for further replies.