Network Rail Operative London

Discussion in 'Railway Jobs & Careers' started by 777654, 23 May 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 777654

777654 Member

Hi I have a few questions about working as an operative for NWR in Greater London I've not been able to answer by searching this forum and the wider web. Hoping someone here might be able to help:

1) For vacancies within 16 miles of Charing Cross is the London allowance £1800 or £2400 as I've seen both advertised?
    2) Is the shift allowance still around £2300 as I saw advertised last year?
    3) The website about this role says it involves 32 weekends and 28 weeks of nights a year. Is this planned out 6/12 months in advance or at shorter notice depending on planned work and responding to spontaneous incidents?

Many thanks

2. TomBoyd

TomBoyd Member

I can only answer these based on my experience in Signalling, so it might be different.

1) There are two NR London allowances, so it might well be both of those. I get Inner and Outer working in zone 2, and those numbers look familiar.

3) Ours are planned out for the whole year.

3. 777654

777654 Member

Thanks for the reply. I was considering one of the depots near Croydon as my first choice if vacancies come up, but wouldn't mind something in Zone 1 if you get the additional allowance as they're only a 15 minute train journey away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.