• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network Rail Signaller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainuser

Hello All,

I have been applying for jobs as a signaller for over 5 months and I havent been lucky to get a job interview yet. I was just wondering how long does Network Rail get back to you.

Recently I have applied for a Crossing Keeper role and it says Invite to assessment 2 pending.

I also applied for another signalling job near me but as a grade 8. I have completed the communications test and now under consideration.

I just wanted to find out how long Network Rail get back to you because ive been reading through threads and it can take upto 2 months?

Does assessment 2 mean job interview or something else?

Thanks for reading.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tomnick

Established Member
'Assessment 2' is (or was) the interview stage, so you might be receiving an invitation soon. The pace of the whole process varies, so it could be a couple of weeks until you've been interviewed and received the news, or it could be rather longer!

SignalBox

Assessment 2 is the interview stage. You should receive an invitation shortly.
Best of luck!

Tomnick

Established Member
To summarise, I suppose...

1. Tea drinking
2. Day-to-day running of trains - regulating to minimise delay, and safely dealing with (and working around) any out-of-course events or emergencies such as a failed train or obstruction of the line
3. More tea-drinking
4. Dealing with the degraded working associated with failure conditions, the faulting processes and, in some cases, maintenance, whilst trying to keep some sort of service running (that tea-drinking experience comes in useful when you need to stop and take a step back...)
5. Providing protection for those who need to access or work on the line, and arranging engineers' possessions of the line

All of the above has to be done strictly in accordance with the Rules & Regs, of course - there's a lot to know and understand!

Established Member
Tea drinking seems to make up a lot of the job on most posts on the railways.

carriageline

Established Member
From my own personal experience, it can be a long time! Iv had vacancies open for 3 months before getting a no!

Trainuser

Thanks for all of the replies. I am still waiting to here a reply. It has been nearly 2 months now. Yes I have read a day in a life signaller. I always worked at a signalling centre for work experince a couple of years ago and this is how i want my career to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.