• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network Rail - Technical Officer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xlztt

Hi Folks,

Is there anyone on here with knowledge of this role or someone who is/has been employed in this role?

Thanks,

Xlztt.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Xlztt

Have you contacted NR for more information?

Thanks TomBoyd, I have done.

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of the role from doing the job or from working at NR and being familiar with it?

Xlztt

carriageline

Established Member
What sort of TO is it? I don't know if there are different types, the only one I know of is the S&T version inside signal boxes.

Ploughman

Established Member
I would expect them to be working with Tampers, Stressing and any job that requires an amount of accurate measurement.
However you will also be a "Person to Blame" if you get it wrong.

rph201

Hi Folks,

Is there anyone on here with knowledge of this role or someone who is/has been employed in this role?

Thanks,

Xlztt.

I worked as an STO about 8 years ago now. There will be night work I was 1 in 4 nights and 2 in 4 weekends. It may have changed a bit more with more red zone working etc. This is when you will do majority of your work: Tamping along with the TQS, stressing, platform gauging, twist checks, track gauge checks etc. It is the techie stuff more as opposed to the gangs which is construction.

Status
Not open for further replies.