• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Chiltern Railways Branding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HowardGWR

Established Member
Betjeman always was a bit of a curmudgeon when it came to New Things.
I think it's a 'horses for courses' issue. The GWR monogram was 'OK-ish' on the coaches, especially the angular ones introduced in 1935 (called 'centenary') and the streamlined railcars, but on the express steam engines, the exterior design of which had never left the Victorian era, it did indeed look hideous and it still does.

My view of the new Chiltern website image is that it is much too small. It looks as though the web designer just stuck it in at the top as an afterthought.

Historian afterthought: Noticeably, Hawksworth changed it all back again when he had the chance.

Doctor Fegg

Established Member
I realised what it reminded me of:

logo.png

And the founding chairman of the Oxfordshire LEP was... Adrian Shooter. Coincidence? (Yes.)

br0llz

Hoping the (wonderfully endearing) “Nice & Fast” will persist somewhere :)

Attachments

• EDC3A631-1D54-4344-8971-64C9BCAF456F.jpeg
    EDC3A631-1D54-4344-8971-64C9BCAF456F.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 86

omnicity4659

Talking of the Arriva logo, though, why isn't it being used on buses? At present they seem to be repainting into new colours then sticking the old logo on.

Late reply and off topic, but the logo has now appeared on an Arriva North East Optare Solo sporting the new livery too.

tankmc

Oh dear.

First that Arriva logo is awful. Whoever though that was a good idea should be fired.

I like the colours of the Chiltern logo but the font is too childish, the C is very generic and i can google "Logo c" and see that exact logo or some variation on it 1000 times. Why is the C capital but the r not? They have gone for a "friendly" look but really what people want in a railway is confidence and reliability.

it seems odd that while most companies are moving away from slapping there parents brand all over it arriva are doing the opposite. Does it really benefit them been associated with a poorly run and overpriced bus service?

The Chiltern website is a mess. What is going on with the colours. Green, Blue, Purple, Light Blue, Grey Blue.... Pick a pallet and stick to it!

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
it seems odd that while most companies are moving away from slapping there parents brand all over it arriva are doing the opposite. Does it really benefit them been associated with a poorly run and overpriced bus service?

Are they perhaps wanting to use their strong operations (e.g. Chiltern) as a way of un-poisoning the brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.