• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NEW direct service between London King's Cross, Goole and Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

asylumxl

Established Member
Using what stock?

They already max out their current stock. It's also 180s now, which have an appauling reliability level.

It seems insane to run more services when their current is so hit and miss.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The fact that only 1 service will call at Goole, Sundays only, suggests that it may be something to do with signal box opening hours between Selby and Temple Hirst, or perhaps late evening engineering works. I could be wrong though. And in response to asylumxl, the request is not for more paths, just for additional calls, so I doubt stock would be affected at all.

F Great Eastern

Established Member
According to that document
The new rights sought will allow Hull Trains to improve customer service and fleet reliability.

kestrel

i've yet to see a hull trains 180 running on all 5 engines in fact to see one running on 4 is a rareity! hull don't maintain em as well as GC

Aictos

Established Member
First Hull Trains are looking to make additional stops at Stevenage, and divert one service via Goole, where it will call.

http://www.networkrail.co.uk/browse...october 2009/ht_33sa_s22 application form.pdf

I think it's a good idea, but will it be worthwhile???

I agree to it being a great idea, would have preferred Peterborough but you can't have everything...

Still, it's a good move by First Hull Trains, maybe they should take over the Hull Executive from NX as well as it's only the one return trip that NX do which probably would be better off with FHT.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Still, it's a good move by First Hull Trains, maybe they should take over the Hull Executive from NX as well as it's only the one return trip that NX do which probably would be better off with FHT.

Personally I would disagree with this, as it provides some (if only a little) competition for Hull Trains on direct services, and also provides a large capacity service at peak times in and out of London. I'm fairly sure this service would be very overcrowded with only 5 cars. It also provides a direct service between Hull and Peterborough and vice versa, something I have taken advantage of several times.

GNERman

Established Member

Oliver

First Hull Trains are looking to make additional stops at Stevenage, and divert one service via Goole, where it will call.

http://www.networkrail.co.uk/browse...october 2009/ht_33sa_s22 application form.pdf

I think it's a good idea, but will it be worthwhile???

The Stevenage stops make sense, though they are for Saturday and Sunday only. The Goole stop is once per week, on Sunday, and I think that HT drivers need to maintain route knowledge for the Goole line, so it could be just a question of making advantage from necessity.

Status
Not open for further replies.