• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Feltham Depot jobs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newfoundglory

SWR have started building a new depot on what used to be the marshalling yards.

Not being sure what exactly the depot is going to be used for, any idea what sort of jobs this might create? Possibly driver roles based there?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lewis H

Its where the new Class 701’s will be housed, there will be a traincrew depot there, however, I wouldn’t hold your breath because NOTHING happens with any urgency on the railway, whatever time they advertise, add another 2 years to it, and it may be a more accurate timeframe.

Lewis H

In addition to that, I haven’t seen anything to say whether they will recruit externally for Drivers or see if any existing drivers would be willing to transfer depots, I certainly would be willing to look into if that was offered to us. Best thing to do is just keep your ears to the ground!

Stigy

Established Member
I didn’t know about this...seems strange to have more crew working out of Feltham, unless Staines will be going?

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Just for info, what we know about Feltham depot as far as rolling stock capacity is concerned is 10 x 10 car roads, wash plant etc.

If you check out our thread about SWR new depot capacity, it’s possible that the Feltham planning application mentions the number of traincrew to be based there, as they’d need to provide that sort of info for the purposes of the effect on local roads etc:
https://www.railforums.co.uk/thread...and-stabling-alterations.134781/#post-3666197

Unfortunately you cannot provide direct links to Feltham planning documents, you have to enter their search system each time. Reference number is 00553/F/PA3
http://planning.hounslow.gov.uk/planning_user_accept.aspx?cookieCheck=true

It was reported recently in that other thread that work has definitely started.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.