• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New North East bus operator, ‘Northstar’

MasterSpenny

A new bus operator, Northstar has begun operating bus services in the North East. This company is owned (and managed) by Daniel Graham. They are a people moving company, which embody people, performance, partnership and having a proactive approach as key values. Do we know what they are getting in terms of their fleet yet?
Source for all of the above information: https://cbwmagazine.com/new-north-east-operator-hits-the-road/
A new operator, Northstar, has taken to the road in the North East.

With a vision to ‘lead the way in bespoke, high-quality transport solutions’ the company says it will embody four key values, namely people, performance, partnership and a proactive approach.

Northstar is wholly owned and managed by Sunderland-born Daniel Graham, who has worked in the industry for almost 10 years. Having previously worked for a major North East operator, Daniel says he has amassed a vast amount of experience in all aspects of operations, commercial and finance, enabling him to be equipped with the skills and expertise he needed to set up his own business.

Daniel said: “I’ve grown up using public transport to get around the North East, which is why I am passionate about delivering a high-quality transport operation myself. Northstar is a ‘people moving people’ company, and we want to keep the customer at the heart of everything we do.

“I’m looking forward to operating buses in our region’s fantastic towns and cities – I am proud to be giving back to the people and communities that we will serve.”

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

richw

Veteran Member
Used a ex stagecoach alx400 trident on rail replacement at the weekend. Looks very smart in photos I seen online a few days ago.

On companies house it shows Martijn Gilbert was the previous sole director of the company.

JD2168

I have seen a picture of an ex Stagecoach ALX400 on a private plate in a very smart livery.

RJ

Established Member
I spoke with him about buying vehicles when he was at Go North East and he is a thoroughly pleasant chap. Really wishing him all the best with his new venture!

Class 466

Established Member
Used a ex stagecoach alx400 trident on rail replacement at the weekend. Looks very smart in photos I seen online a few days ago.

On companies house it shows Martijn Gilbert was the previous sole director of the company.
That would explain a lot…

DGP

I wish him well with this venture, especially against the background of an incoming "Metro-Mayor" for the North East and the political climate for "taking back control" of local bus services.