• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Northern Service ion the Airedale Line In The Morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesHorrell

Hi

Has Northern Have just put a Extra Express Service on the Airedale Line from Skipton to Leeds and Return.

Can Someone Tell me what Units are Running On it as i know it started yesterday but yesterday it was delayed after 8am (the train i get on) and today i missed it so i haven't seen what unit is on the service.

The reason why i ask is that some people have told me thats its a 321 and some have said it was Pacers so which is Correct?

Thanks If anyone Can Answer My Question. :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

YorkshireBear

Established Member
Hi

As Northern Have just put a Extra Express Service on the Airedale Line from Skipton to Leeds and Return.

Can Someone Tell me what Units are Running On it as i know it started yesterday but yesterday it was delayed after 8am (the train i get on) and today i missed it so i haven't seen what unit is on the service.

The reason why i ask is that some people have told me thats its a 321 and some have said it was Pacers so which is Correct?

Thanks If anyone Can Answer My Question. :)

It shold be a 322 i believe but obviously everything is interchangable, id be very surprised if its a 142.

Lampshade

Established Member
Wouldn't have thought they'd run it with Pacers, the idea of the 322s joining the fleet were to eliminate DMUs running under the wires.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
they could just take the standard Northern approach of chucking the first unit that passes a late fitness test onto the service! Northern is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you are going to get!

pemma

Veteran Member
they could just take the standard Northern approach of chucking the first unit that passes a late fitness test onto the service! Northern is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you are going to get!

You mean a cheap box of chocolates. You don't expect a chocolate from Hotel Chocolat.

philjo

Established Member
Last time I went to Ilkley a couple of months ago the train from Leeds was shown as leaving from a non-standard platform & about a minute before departure time a 142 turned up (presumably from the depot)! (though this was off peak - I would expect an EMU to be used normally)

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
i always found them wuite cheap in the north east. I guess it must be subjective

I think it depends on where you are in the Northern area. For instance an Anytime Day return between Saltburn and Redcar Central is £2.60 for a roughly fifteen minute journey over a distance of about five miles. The same type of fare for the journey of Cottingham to Hull which is a distance of about four miles taking about five minutes costs £4.90!!

tbtc

Veteran Member
Last time I went to Ilkley a couple of months ago the train from Leeds was shown as leaving from a non-standard platform & about a minute before departure time a 142 turned up (presumably from the depot)! (though this was off peak - I would expect an EMU to be used normally)

Before the 322s arrived there were a few DMU services entirely under the wires (due to lack of 333s, and unreliable 321s), this may have been one of them (or it may have been bad luck).

Hopefully this has been resolved now - the 322s will allow for:

• Dedicated EMU provision on the Doncaster services
  • Less intensive use of 333s (thus giving them time to be maintained)
  • No DMUs needed "under the wires", allowing additional Caldervale services
  • A couple of extra services a day on the electrified routes

WestCoast

Established Member
I think it depends on where you are in the Northern area. For instance an Anytime Day return between Saltburn and Redcar Central is £2.60 for a roughly fifteen minute journey over a distance of about five miles. The same type of fare for the journey of Cottingham to Hull which is a distance of about four miles taking about five minutes costs £4.90!!

Yeah Giggleswick to Long Preston is £2.60 Anytime Day Return for just under 3 miles in 6/7mins.

Booked for either a 321 or 322 (as are the new ILK - LDS and DON - LDS and return services).

0739 SKI - LDS 322485 yesterday and today. 1739 LDS - SKI 322485 yesterday, and a 333 today (due to diagram swaps through the day)

Status
Not open for further replies.