• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New station: Maghull North

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buck Shaw

Station tannoy announcements were a problem when Buckshaw Parkway opened too. Its as if when they install them they just turn them up to 10 and don't test them and turn them down to a reasonable level.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Skie

Station tannoy announcements were a problem when Buckshaw Parkway opened too. Its as if when they install them they just turn them up to 10 and don't test them and turn them down to a reasonable level.

It's likely they just install the system, configure the basics and dont bother changing any of the default settings.

That way they can get paid again when someone wants the announcement frequency changing. Cynical me? nah...

Gathursty

Established Member
I went on Monday evening after work. It's spotless as a new station should be. I do think that the volume of the announcements needs to be abit more respectful of the neighbouring residents. It was particularly quiet as I made sure to be at the station during the second half of the England match so as not to jinx the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.