• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Newbie PRIV question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey all,

Still quite new at this but basically looking at getting tickets for the ATW premier service for me and the Mrs.

We both have ATOC issued Priv passes and basically was wondering if you can 'PRIV' first class tickets?? Not yet used it on another TOC's services!

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Colonel

Hey all,

Still quite new at this but basically looking at getting tickets for the ATW premier service for me and the Mrs.

We both have ATOC issued Priv passes and basically was wondering if you can 'PRIV' first class tickets?? Not yet used it on another TOC's services!

Thanks

In general the answer is no, unless your priv card is marked 1st class. Which TOC are you with?

RJ

Established Member
In general the answer is no, unless your priv card is marked 1st class. Which TOC are you with?

At a wild guess, Virgin. Unless there is another TOC out there that doesn't give its staff unlimited free travel on its own services!

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
You can't get first class priv tickets unless you have a 1st priv card (most of us don't), but you can get upgrades at the public rate (Chiltern business class, weekend first, etc). There is a supplement for the ATW's 'Premier class', but I wouldn't call it cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.