• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Night Riviera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masboroughlad

Established Member
I have just booked for 2 passengers on the Night Riviera from Paddington to Par. The tickets don't seem as self explanatory as they did before the rebrand.

I looked at a ticket price and asked on the instant chat if the price included 2 beds in a berth. I was told that yes they did.

I went on to book the tickets. I was very surprised to be given Coach A seats 37 and 41. These don't look like berth numbers to me. Can anybody confirm please?

I booked many times on the sleeper under FGW and it seemed much more straightforward!

They may be green and shiny, but if they get the basics wrong it doesn't really matter what colour they are! I thought removing the association with First was supposed to be a positive - I need convincing:(

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I don't know the formation but they indeed look like seats to me.

I just had a play and it appears you cannot book a berth with the Super Off Peak fare - if you book the Off Peak you are given the option to select a berth on the next page.

This seems wrong, as:
http://www.brfares.com/#faredetail?orig=PAD&dest=PAR&grpo=1072&tkt=SSS
...makes no mention of it not being valid for berths.

Would suggest contacting their Twitter?

Last edited:

Masboroughlad

Established Member

I just had a play and it appears you cannot book a berth with the Super Off Peak fare - if you book the Off Peak you are given the option to select a berth on the next page.

This seems wrong, as:

Thanks Neil. I thought it seemed a real dog's dinner.

I'll do that. I sent them an email....apparently because they have so many new customers and have changed their contact centre, there may be a delay of 3 weeks.

Very disappointed!

What's the old saying - You can't polish a turd?! Even rolling it in glitter hasn't worked here!

fgwrich

Established Member
Thanks Neil. I thought it seemed a real dog's dinner.

I'll do that. I sent them an email....apparently because they have so many new customers and have changed their contact centre, there may be a delay of 3 weeks.

Very disappointed!

What's the old saying - You can't polish a turd?! Even rolling it in glitter hasn't worked here!

All I can suggest is phoning them up - even that is a long and arduous process but it may be quicker and more effective than sending them an email. When I had an issue with my ticket on the Night Riviera, it took some doing with 3 phone calls and 2 visits to the website to get said issue fixed. GWR hardly cover themselves in glory when half of their customer service seems to be between the UK and India, with either side confusing each other.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
When booking on GWR i'd suggest using tickets.gwr.com which takes you to the Webtis version of the site rather than the awful new version.

Sleepy

Established Member

This seems wrong, as:

:idea: The text also mentions a specific easement when using the sleeper.

Kingsman

As it happens, I booked online, yesterday, two solo berths for travel from Paddington to Penzance tomorrow (Sunday) night, which were available with super off peak singles at £41.30 each with SNR railcard. The offer of berths, or indeed seats, came up as usual on the next screen after ticket choice, on the tis system. So the plot thickens...

Status
Not open for further replies.