• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nightjet Brussels or Paris - Vienna - any recent experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veteran Member
They have appeared today, there seems to be an issue with the way my phone interacts with the OBB booking site. Worked fine on my laptop when I just checked in my lunch hour. Much clearer to see whether I have booked a double compartment exclusively for two people too. Was just wanting to gauge prices for when I book in a few weeks but good to know.

Lesson learnt! Thank you for checking!

Seems that they are back to 180 day booking horizon at the moment.
....unless there are engineering works somewhere, which is not unknown

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

deltic

Established Member
If travelling on your own what are the chances of getting a two berth sleeper compartment to yourself or are they always fully booked?

rvdborgt

If travelling on your own what are the chances of getting a two berth sleeper compartment to yourself or are they always fully booked?
In summer and around holidays/holiday weekends: no chance.
Outside those periods: it could happen. I once booked the bottom berth in a T3 Cologne-Vienna and had the compartment all to myself. But that's quite some years ago.

PavlosA

Hi all

Taking this journey with the family on Wed 9th August, using Interrail passes. Have a Eurostar arriving at 18.02 in Bruxelles Midi, and the NJ425 was due to leave at 19.32. OBB have just told us it has been brought forward to 18.26...

Can anyone tell me what platform at Bruxelles Midi the Nightjet leaves from? And what the transfer time might be? 24 minutes might be pushing it...

I can exchange Eurostar ticket, but only available is 9am, and with a fee...

rvdborgt

Taking this journey with the family on Wed 9th August, using Interrail passes. Have a Eurostar arriving at 18.02 in Bruxelles Midi, and the NJ425 was due to leave at 19.32. OBB have just told us it has been brought forward to 18.26...

Can anyone tell me what platform at Bruxelles Midi the Nightjet leaves from? And what the transfer time might be? 24 minutes might be pushing it...
If the Eurostar is on time or slightly delayed, you'll make it. You need less than 10 minutes. Departure is planned from platform 15 according to NMBS, but always check, e.g. in the NMBS app or the departure screens in Brussels.

PavlosA

Beautiful. Thank you. Where did you check this? I have the SNCB app, but can't see where I would see this.

Veteran Member
If the Eurostar is on time or slightly delayed, you'll make it. You need less than 10 minutes.
And if there is a longer delay, speak to the ES train manager - there is enough slack in the schedule (it is diverted from Aachen because of major bridge works) for the NJ to be held. As a worst case, the 1925 Thalys departure should catch it up at Aachen.

PavlosA

Just an update to say we made the train with ten minutes to spare.Thanks for the help.

Was a fun journey. However, we did pass a nightjet heading back during the early hours which looked distinctly more modern than ours! Guess we were just unlucky. Food was really nice, and great service.

Edit: currently in Berlin awaiting the IC144 to Amsterdam

Veteran Member
Just an update to say we made the train with ten minutes to spare.Thanks for the help.

Was a fun journey. However, we did pass a nightjet heading back during the early hours which looked distinctly more modern than ours! Guess we were just unlucky. Food was really nice, and great service.
Glad it worked out, but there is no newer NJ stock in service yet (apart from possibly the odd couchette).

SeanG

However, we did pass a nightjet heading back during the early hours which looked distinctly more modern than ours!
You may have seen the Zurich/Hamburg double decker sleeper stock which appears more modern than it actually is

PavlosA

I see. Can't recall where it was. Just remember seeing illuminated toilet door buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.