• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

No Bank Card to Print ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmred

hi, purchased a tk which is print at station, with a now cancelled bank card.
Trannspenn will not assist in anyway with converting to e. tk or reissuing
my one question - does anyone know if Manc Airport Train Station are able to print from my confirmation of purchase? if this is not possible for them to do, no bother i will not ask but if there was anyone who cld conifrm this..

regards

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
hi, purchased a tk which is print at station, with a now cancelled bank card.
Trannspenn will not assist in anyway with converting to e. tk or reissuing
my one question - does anyone know if Manc Airport Train Station are able to print from my confirmation of purchase? if this is not possible for them to do, no bother i will not ask but if there was anyone who cld conifrm this..

regards
They should be able to reset the ticket to "any card" collection.

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
TransPennine Express themselves should be able to. Ticket retailers are perfectly capable of doing this, within reason.

They should set it to any card collection and you can insert your new card in the machine. Ticket on departure (ie collection) bookings can't be converted to eTickets.

Cmred

after an hour phonecall. live chat and message - they are insisting no

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Have you still got the bank card (even though it is cancelled)? If so I think it will still release the tickets.

Who did you contact at Transpennine Express? These are the contact details for tickets purchased online. As noted above they should be able to set the ticket to allow any card to be used to collect it.

Get in touch with us and have your booking reference number handy:

Cmred

bank card was stolen, so had to be cxd. im not sure of the chaps name is transp
i did ring that number with no success

iv sent a request via that link, but im departing tomorrow so probably wont be amended in time..

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
They were incorrect. Like I say though, asking for conversion to eTickets or reissuing them might muddy the waters.

All you need is them to be set to any card collection. Web support will be able to do this - the other teams won't, as I used to have access to the same systems as Customer Relations when I worked in a different department at a First Group TOC - and we had no access to online bookings.

Cmred

ring that phone number again and ask to set to any card ? thanks so much

CyrusWuff

Established Member
TransPennine Express themselves should be able to. Ticket retailers are perfectly capable of doing this, within reason.

They should set it to any card collection and you can insert your new card in the machine. Ticket on departure (ie collection) bookings can't be converted to eTickets.
TransPennine use Worldline WebTIS, which doesn't allow the flag to be changed - or at least it didn't last time I had occasion to ask for such a change from a web support team. A Ticket Office may be able to override it, however, depending on how their machines are configured.

Adam Williams

Established Member
Some TOCs are too incompetent to be able to change the "require same card" flag, despite LSM (the Live Sales Management system that stores paper ticket bookings for collection) allowing this to be changed after booking for a given CTR for a number of years now. I believe LNER were recently in this boat too. You can't rely on support being able to resolve this in every case, because if the train operator's TIS supplier doesn't support it you're not going to find anyone who can help - no matter how many support staff you speak to.

Really, they should be asking their supplier to get their act together or doing the work themselves to support this.

The ticket office may well be able to show discretion and override it, but if not then this is one of the occasions where I would suggest just asking your card issuer to do a chargeback.

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
As a workaround you could DM them on Twitter, with a screenshot of your booking, explaining your card was stolen and cannot be used to collect, and request permission to travel. Maybe a long shot but others have had success with social media teams in the past. If your journey involves a different company, contact them too.

Cmred

Sadly they don't have dm on twitter, have tried every other avenue but one last try of any card option. Shall post back

James H

I would suggest asking at a ticket office

I had a similar situation with GWR who said they couldn’t change the flag on my booking

Went to my local GTR ticket office and they issued my tickets no questions asked in about 30 seconds.

I was all geared up to tell the whole story but the clerk just sorted the issue with no quibbles.

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
TransPennine use Worldline WebTIS, which doesn't allow the flag to be changed - or at least it didn't last time I had occasion to ask for such a change from a web support team. A Ticket Office may be able to override it, however, depending on how their machines are configured.
When I used to sell tickets over the phone for them it was STAR (and probably still is for the odd ticket sale that'll be made that way) so I'm not entirely surprised.

The Web support team were an entirely different beast - so I naively assumed they had greater powers!

Ticket Office will be the way to go.

Wallsendmag

Established Member
Some TOCs are too incompetent to be able to change the "require same card" flag, despite LSM (the Live Sales Management system that stores paper ticket bookings for collection) allowing this to be changed after booking for a given CTR for a number of years now. I believe LNER were recently in this boat too. You can't rely on support being able to resolve this in every case, because if the train operator's TIS supplier doesn't support it you're not going to find anyone who can help - no matter how many support staff you speak to.

Really, they should be asking their supplier to get their act together or doing the work themselves to support this.

The ticket office may well be able to show discretion and override it, but if not then this is one of the occasions where I would suggest just asking your card issuer to do a chargeback.
I certainly don't have access to do that in LSM and the LNER Webtis doesn't have that function either.

Adam Williams

Established Member
I certainly don't have access to do that in LSM and the LNER Webtis doesn't have that function either.
As I explained last time this issue came up - over a year ago now - the LSM API supports doing it (via AmendCtr) - so yeah, you all do have access to do this for your bookings - even if it's not available in the LSM web user interface.

Someone simply needs to get off their butt and write about 15 lines of code to make this work.

Last edited:

Solent&Wessex

Established Member
If you know the first 6 digits and last 4 digits of your old card number, when you get to Manchester Airport, ask one of the Gateline Staff or a Train Conductor to print your ticket from their Star Mobile machine. The function on those machines does not require the card to be present, you only need to type in parts of the card number manually.

These machines print on paper roll stock, so this doesn't work for any ticket which has to be printed on card stock, such as cross London tickets, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.