• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Non Technical Skills?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smudge62

Hi Folks,

I've been browsing this forum for some months now to gain a base knowledge of the industry and various roles within it, primarily in Network Rail. After many applications and a few interview offers I have accepted one for a Signalling maintenance operative.

Now, I've been aware for some time that the 8 non technical rules are a must for any role but whilst searching I can only seem to find 7 of them? Network Rail have a link to a page but it leads nowhere. It may seem daft but my interview is in two days so thought I would ask if anyone knows so that I may prepare.

I'm happy researching the company, providing examples of my skills and my knowledge of the role itself. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Ben

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Smudge62

Many thanks, I've got that. But there is only 7 there, not 8. Should there be any more?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Welsh1

This is what used for my prep, hope it helps

The 8 core non-technical skills are as follows:

Conscientiousness – the ability to work diligently, with a positive attitude and be willing to take responsibility for their own actions.

Relationships with People – the ability to work with others in the team in a positive, respectful and supportive manner; providing support and help when needed and managing conflict when required.

Communications – the ability to communicate both verbally and in written format clearly and concisely and to stand your ground as necessary.

Willingness and Ability to Learn – the ability and motivation to be trained, retain information, apply it in the work environment and learn and develop on the job.

Planning and Decision Making – the ability to anticipate, plan and prioritise activities.

Multi Task Capacity – the ability to successfully carry out more than one task at a time.

Controlled Under Pressure – the ability to cope in emergency or degraded situations.

Attention Management – the ability to remain alert and focussed, to manage distractions, and keep an awareness of the overall situation.

ComUtoR

Established Member
Many thanks, I've got that. But there is only 7 there, not 8. Should there be any more?

There is a difference with Network Rails NTS and the ones we use at our TOC. We have 7 they have 8.

Its been mentioned before on here.

Railwaywork10

Hey guys

I have an interview tomorrow for a welding job
Has anyone here had done a welding interview before
What should i expect.

Any feedback is much appreciated thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.