• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Class 195: Initial Diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

EE Andy b1

Established Member
It remains to be seen whether they are an upgrade on current stock. Manchester - Barrow / Windermere services are currently 158s. I'm not at all convinced stock with doors at 1/3 and 2/3 are an upgrade.

Might not be an upgrade for Barrow services, but sure will be for the rubbish we usually get on Cheshire lines!

td97

Established Member
Manchester Airport - Cumbria:
1C57 is the only service calling at Bolton.
1Y91 doesn't call at but is routed via Bolton.
All others via Golbourne

Boysteve

Looks as though it drops one in Liverpool and picks the same one back up later. Note that 1H99 should read Wilmslow not Warrington

So could this mean some 6 car peak services on CLC? The MIA-Liverpool services are supposed to be 4-car 156s (ok 2 x 2-car obvs), maybe some offpeak are replaced with 3-car 195 strengthened in the peaks?

LeylandLen

So a standard 195 is 3 cars, no doubt some of the peak services on post #1will be doubled up to 6 car? The last thing Northern wants is ovrcrowding on the 195s ?

berneyarms

Established Member
So a standard 195 is 3 cars, no doubt some of the peak services on post #1will be doubled up to 6 car? The last thing Northern wants is ovrcrowding on the 195s ?
It's pretty obvious that circuits 6 and 7 involve two sets joined together for some of the day, but the rest are I assume single sets, given that only 7 sets are going into service.

Boysteve

Why does the 1729 Man Airport - Windermere not stop at Lancaster?

Well it's of limited use for Lancaster customers. It sits at Preston for 25 minutes during which time a VT service departs Preston for Lancaster as does the 18:10 Man Airport - Edinburgh, both of which would get you to Lancaster quicker.

palmersears

Established Member
I note 1F91, which is the 0709 Piccadilly to Lime Street and my usual morning service, is due to be 195s. Given there only appears to be one set allocated to it on the diagrams above, this means a drop from 2x156 to 1x195/1. What's the reduction in seats as a result?

Bertie the bus

Established Member
Why does the 1729 Man Airport - Windermere not stop at Lancaster?
Only 1 of the 4 Windermere services stop at Lancaster and that has a 20 minute layover. They'd get caught by the following xx:53 Virgin departure from Preston if they stopped at Lancaster.

palmersears

Established Member
Could also be 2x2 car sets or a 2 car + 3 car.
There are only two 195/0s that have arrived thus far (unless I've missed them being delivered to Edge Hill), so I assume for the time being it'll be 195/1s, the three-car units.

EE Andy b1

Established Member
Any idea of Saturday and Sunday services?
Would have thought get some reliability Mon-Fri from 195s before moving to weekend diagrams.
As and when more units are introduced then weekend diagrams could be started. I think this is what happened on other TOCs new units.
Just good to eventually get these units in traffic.

Greybeard33

Established Member
It's pretty obvious that circuits 6 and 7 involve two sets joined together for some of the day, but the rest are I assume single sets, given that only 7 sets are going into service.
It was previously explained on the Northern timetable changes thread that the reason the 0613 from Liverpool terminates at Wilmslow, bypassing the Airport, is that there is no Airport platform available for a 6-car at that time. In most other hours the (3-car) Liverpool service goes into Airport Platform 3B, on top of a TPE Cleethorpes train (3-car 185) in 3A. The 6-car 1516 from Liverpool manages to get Airport Platform 1 to itself.

L+Y

In terms of cascading- what units would usually run these diagrams, and what's now "free"?

Bovverboy

Established Member
Any idea of Saturday and Sunday services?

Would have thought get some reliability Mon-Fri from 195s before moving to weekend diagrams.
As and when more units are introduced then weekend diagrams could be started. I think this is what happened on other TOCs new units.
Just good to eventually get these units in traffic.

I very much doubt that 195s won't be used on Saturdays from 6/7/19. If there was any question about 195s' reliability I'm sure they wouldn't be being scheduled for seven M/F duties from next Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.