• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Class 195: Initial Diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mex I can

I was putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5, assuming it was a training run for Leeds to Nottingham via that route. That train didn’t appear on RTT, so I thought it couldn’t have been a normal stock move or a scheduled service .

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

195121 today(Good Friday) worked the 15.17 Leeds-wigan Wallgate.. returning with the 17.56 from Wigan.Possibly the first 195 on the Leeds-wigan service although not the first on the Salford Crescent to Wigan via Walkden route due to diversions and ecs moves.DSC_0903.JPG

Halish Railway

Established Member
195121 today(Good Friday) worked the 15.17 Leeds-wigan Wallgate.. returning with the 17.56 from Wigan.Possibly the first 195 on the Leeds-wigan service although not the first on the Salford Crescent to Wigan via Walkden route due to diversions and ecs moves.View attachment 76354
It’s happened before - reported on this forum a couple of months ago.

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Last edited:

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Could Northern get away with using only 195s and 158s now given that so few services are operating? At least give key workers a decent train and cooling air con after their long shifts. (If the AC works in the 158!)

Halish Railway

Established Member
Could Northern get away with using only 195s and 158s now given that so few services are operating?
On the diesel services no as you’d create a maintenance backlog - Remember that they’d probably do a similar mileage but with less maintenance staff. It’s better to spread the work even amongst all of the fleet to reduce the chance of trains being taken out of service.

Status
Not open for further replies.